Anger - 25

Bruno had had enough of his mother's attitude. As his mother slammed her door, he followed her closely behind and threw it open just as harshly. "Mama you will not talk down to any of us anymore! You have belittled, hated, and scolded us for things that don't even matter! So what if Mira creates fire! She is just as special as the rest of us. I sat back watched you let the villagers blame everything bad on me and do nothing about it but you will not do so to my niece! Clean up your act or I will!"

   Bruno watched angrily as tears filled his mother's eyes but he could not find in him self to show her any pity or mercy. As she cried and tried in vain to again explain she only wanted what was best for the family, she still focused on her favorites and blabbed about the villagers being defenseless without them.

   "No mama! You have only done what is best for you. You made yourself higher than the rest and have controlled our every move since the moment Encanto appeared. Because you forced us to always take care of the villagers and wanted to always look perfect, they can't do anything for themselves. People get injured because they are careless and go to Julieta, Pepa has to force emotions to care for plants as the people will not! Luisa is stressed and exhausted as the people are too lazy to fix the donkey pen causing them to get loose multiple times a day! Dolores and I hate our gifts as they only seem to cause is pain and are blamed as is Mirabel because she didn't have a gift! Camilo always uses his gift to help others and secretly wonders if his true form is what he actually looks like! Isabella became the perfect person to make you happy but is miserable herself! When will you see all you have done is caused pain for all of those around you!"

   Bruno was met by silence and finally realized he had left the door open for his entire familia to hear. He turned around to see a variety of emotions on all their faces. Isabella had a sad smile on her face while Luisa just let her shoulder hunch and exhaustion show through. Mirabel and Dolores had tears in their eyes. Pepa and Felix were just clutching Camilo tightly as sobs shake his body. Julieta's eyes show pain as she truly sees all the pain her familia has been hiding for so long.

   Bruno's eyes land on Antonio last and the young boy runs to him and wraps around his waist in a hug. Antonio looks up at his Abuela as her tears continue to fall and innocently asks, "Abuela why do you hate Mira so much? All she ever wanted was to make you proud?"