Arguements - 24

The next couple of days come and go by quickly and Abuela has yet to apologize. Having been used to this behavior for years, Mirabel isn't too fazed and mainly just disappointed in her grandma's choice of action. The rest of her family however are furious.

   Instead of apologizing, Abuela soon has the nerve to tell Mirabel she had no right to leave the family behind for her own selfish desires. The entire familia was upset at Abuela but sadly at this point had become used to these harsh comments. But Abuela wasn't finished scolding her granddaughter just yet. "How could you just abandon them? Too scared you will fail them again only this time with a gift!" Mirabel was in tears as her hands began to heat up in anger. "I can't deal with you right now. Julieta! She's your daughter! Deal with her!" Abuela shouted.

Julieta was in shock, not used to the one being shouted at, but furious with her mother none the less. "Deal with her mama? Are you trying to tell me I should punish my child simply because she was afraid she would hurt us?! She was doing what she thought was best for our familia!"

    It was now Abuela's turn to be shocked as the most soft spoken of her triplets yelled at her. "I am trying to do what I have always done! Keep this family together so we can continue to protect encanto and prove we deserve this gift! Mirabel has disrupted this sacred part of our lives and deserves to be punished for doing so!

   You have helped take care of encanto all your life and now you want to just throw it away? You want to leave the village to fend for themselves after we protected them for so long? I thought you were smart enough to see the gift is more important but I guess I was wrong."

    Having nothing else to say Abuela stalked off softly to her room and harshly slammed her door shut. Mirabel watched as her last thread of hope of reconciliation with her Abuela burned away and wondered why she had craved for her acceptance and recognition for so long...