14

Everett

My shock consumes me and I begin to fall backwards. But strong arms consume me and prevent me from falling to the ground. Beta Jackson and Cornelia looked worried and they began to walk the short distance between us. Bryson growls, stopping them in their tracks.

"Bryson, I'm fine. Don't be rude," I say, and Bryson helps me up.

Beta Jackson and Cornelia walk over to me. His shaggy blonde hair and blue eyes contrasted with her black hair and brown eyes. Once they reach me they me I pull them into a hug. I start to cry and Bryson pulls me close soothing me.

"Little one, it is alright. Please calm down," he says, whispering in my ear.

I nod and keep taking deep breaths. The key thing to do while trying to calm down is to take deep breaths.

"Chase you are dismissed, we will talk later. Beta Jackson we can talk in my office," Bryson says and he picks me up. I wrap my legs around his waist and he carried me like I am a baby.

Beta Jackson had a bruise on his cheek like he was punched and his hair was messed up like he was in a fight. He looked beaten but somehow still held some power in his step. Cornelia hung onto his arm. She seemed a little weak, like she has been of lack of sleep. Cornelia arms were full of scratches and bruises. What had happened to them? What were they doing here?

Bryson sat me on his lap has he sat in his good back support wheelie chair. I grabbed his hand and pulled it into my lap, interlocking our fingers.

"Alpha I know I have a lot to explain not just to you but to Ever too," Beta Jackson says and sits up straighter.

"It's Everett. I will never be Ever again," I don't know where my surge of anger came from. Maybe it was because it was Beta Jackson was the one who kidnapped me from my home and my mate. Or was it just from the name that I had grown so accustomed to not hearing.

"Everett  I'm sorry, I know I have a lot to explain but," I cut him off.

"Yes you have a lot to explain. You kidnapped me away from my family and my mate for over ten years. I was beaten and kept away from my family even though they were so close. Why would you do that? Why would you make me suffer? I thought you were both different from the other pack members of the Red Sun Pack," I had it off Bryson's lap and slammed my hands on his desk. Tears trailed down my cheeks.

"Everett you need to calm down. Do not let Ariel is take control right now," Bryson ordered and grabbed me from behind and kissed my neck.

"Okay, okay," I whisper and my shoulder shake in defeat.

"Everett, the day when the group of rogues attacked this pack was the day my plan came into action. I had been contacted by the council. They said that you were part of a prophecy that would save werewolves forever. That group of rogues were not rogues they were wolves from the Red Sun Pack. They were going to kill you," Beta Jackson says and I see that he is sitting on the edge of his seat.

"Why did you kidnap me and bring me to the very pack that was going to kill me?" I ask, my confusion is growing more and more after every word.

"I came up with a plan that if I kidnapped you then Alpha John would be happy enough that you couldn't fulfill the prophecy. That is what he wanted. He wanted to be the ruler of the werewolves and with you in his possession he could. I knew that I had to get you back to your mate in order for you to fulfill the prophecy," he says.

"What is this prophecy? I don't understand why I am so important," I say

And I'm clutching the side of Bryson's desk so hard my knuckles are white. Bryson seems to notice too because he grabs my hands and massages them.