13

Bryson

Like I promised I stayed with Everett until she awoke. She smiled up at me, her white teeth gleaming. I leaned down to give her a kiss but she blocks my lips with her hand.

"Morning breath," she giggles and covers her breath. I gently try to pull her hand away and she giggles more, but doesn't budge.

"I don't care, come on. Let me kiss those beautiful lips of yours," I say.

She giggles and shakes her head. I roll my eyes and yank her hand away and slam my lips to hers. She returns the kiss immediately. Wrapping my arms around her waist I pulled her on top of me and gripped her waist. She gasped and gripped my shoulders.

Our connection was stronger than most mates because we have known each other for so long and after so many years of being apart our wolves yearned to be connected. Our hormones would be 10 fold compared to other mates. Not that I cared. Or anything.

I slowly slid my hands down to her butt. She gasps a breathy moan into my mouth and pulls my hair into her hands. I grip her butt and push my tongue into her mouth. She moans and pulls me closer. I start to move my hands on her butt and message it.

Everett pulls back and sits up, panting. Her cheeks were red and she looked anywhere but my eyes. My shirt slips off her shoulders and I see the gash that still has not fully healed. A growl slips from deep in my throat. I know my eyes started shifting from black to back to their green and blue.

I saw her eyes widen and she pulled the shirt back up on to her shoulder.

"It's nothing. It doesn't hurt that much," she whispers.

I sit up, almost knocking Everett off my lap in the process. I pull the shirt off her shoulder and look at the gash. It was scabbed over and the sides were an angry red and slightly swollen. I reach up and run my fingers over it. Everett flinches and gasps. I feel the corner of my eyes prickle and my throat tighten.

I had been to the Red Sun Pack and I didn't know she was there and being tortured. All the pain that she went through and I wasn't there to help her. I looked up and the tears came.

"Baby, what's wrong?" Everett says and wipes my tears away with the pad of her thumb.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry baby. I wasn't there to protect you and look what happened. I'm so sorry," I cry and dig my head into her chest and pull her closer. I just let the tears come and I continued to mumble I'm sorry.

Everett just soothes me and ran her hand through my hair. She knew I needed this. Everett knew that I always held things in, even as a child. Everett would hug me and say everything is going to be alright.

"Just let it out baby. It's going to be alright," she says and leans down kissing my head.

I don't know how long I sat there hugging my mate and sobbing my eyes out. All I knew is that I am going to have a killer headache after.

"You alright know baby?" Everett asks. Kissing the tears off my cheeks.

"Yeah, I think so," I whisper. I look over at the digital clock beside my bed. It read: 9:48. I need to call a pack meeting to discuss what happened last night. "I have to call a pack meeting. I have to talk about last night's incident. Also I want to officially welcome you back into this pack's life," I say and rub my hand on her cheek.

"You don't have to do that. It can wait until later on when all this is gone and done with," she says and leans into my hand. Why is she so selfless?

"After I tell the pack what happened lasts night they are going to need a little good news," I say.

"Oh...okay," she understands that they need to know and that they are going to want to talk to her and everything. "I guess I have to go take a shower."