Chapter 38: trouble on the train

Ardens pov:

Soon enough we were back on the big red train on our way home. We could hear all the parents yelling and cheering as they watched their kids leave to go back to Hogwarts.

"Quick, quick, Ron! Ron! Oh for goodness sake!" Mom yelled as she chased the train holding Ron's stupid rat. After we had pulled almost fully out of the train station me, Harry, Ron and Hermione all started walking down the train trying to find somewhere to sit.

" I didn't mean to blow her up I just. Just-"

"Lost control?" I suggested as I yanked my bag through some first years clogging up the corridors.

"Exactly! Thank you arden"

" brilliant!" Ron cheered from behind us.

"Honestly Ron it's not funny. He's lucky not to have been expelled!" Hermione lectured him.

"I think I was lucky not to have been arrested actually" Harry said sassily as I snorted from behind him.

" I still think it was brilliant!" Ron told her as he chuckled.

" come on everywhere else is full. At least this one only has one person in it." I said as I pushed the door to the carriage open. Inside it sat someone with a long black coat draped over their body. It wasn't a student.

"Who'd you think that is?" Ron asked as we all sat down.

"Professor r j lupin" Hermione said matter of a factly.

" do you know everything?! How is it she knows everything?" He questioned Hermione then Harry.

" it's on the suitcase Ronald" I sighed as I pulled my book out.

"Oh"

"Do you think he's really asleep?" Harry asked us as he looked at the man in the corner.

" seems to be why?" Hermione asked him.

"I've got to tell you something." Harry said as he shut the door.

"Infront of the sleeping man? Really smart there haz"

"Haz?"

"I don't know I'm trying something new"

We were travelling through the countryside in the rain as Harry told us about what the minister of magic had told him.

"Let me get this straight. Sirius black has escaped from Azkaban." Ron said

"Yes"

"To come after you?" Hermione asked.

"Yes"

"But they'll catch black won't they? I mean everyone's looking for him" she asked again.

"Do you guys think we should really be talking about this here? I mean if this professor isn't really asleep he could be like friends with him or something?"

"This random new professor is now best friends with Sirius black? Come on Arden this is ridiculous even for you." Ron lectured me.

"I'm just saying he could be anyone. We don't know. We've never even met him. Or seen his face." I said shrugging. AFter this they all started talking about Sirius blacks big escape again.

"But then again, no one's ever escaped Azkaban before. And he's a murdering raging lunatic." Ron said carefully.

"Thanks Ron" Harry replied sarcastically.

" hey guys we're getting kind of close to Hogwarts and as fun as this conversation is. And it is. Really. Um thrilling. I think I'm gonna go and change into my robes." 

After receiving nods of a acknowledgement from my friends I walked into the corridor to head towards the bathroom. As i started walking down the train it suddenly came to a stop.

Ice slowly covered the windows nearby and the atmosphere went so cold I could see my breath in the air. As quickly as possible I entered the nearest cabin.

"Im so sorry to interrupt really I am but something isn't right and-"
As I turned around to see who was in the cabin I barged into the words left my throat as I turned to see Draco malfoy, pansy Parkinson, Theodore nott and Blaise Zabini.

They were all looking at me oddly so I pointed to the window where the frost was beginning to gather.

"It's fine weaslebee. Just leave after everything goes back to normal" malfoy sneered.

"As if I was going to stay longer than needed" I shot back quickly. " and it's weasley thank you very much." I quickly was launched onto the seat next to Theodore as the train jolted again. I sent him an awkward smile and he awkwardly smiled back. This was going to be a long train journey.