Chapter 6: The raven claw common room

As Penelope continued to moan about the fact I knew the answer to a simple riddle, I continued looking around the raven claw common room. It was beautiful, I knew that much.

It was a large room and it had dark wooden flooring and the walls were painted light navy, with white constellations covering most of the wallpaper. On one side of the room were ceiling- high bay windows with white frames and had light blue curtains draped over them. On the opposite side of the room opposite the windows were ceiling- high bookshelves filled to the brim with every book you could ever need for school work. Most of the furniture matched the flooring colour- wise and was made out of wood. There were telescopes next to the windows that anyone could use. to the left side of the room, next to the bookshelves was a pearly white marble staircase, that had a wooden curled up bannister. the bannister kind of reminded me of the whomping willow. There were comfy brown leather armchairs and couches dotted around the room. there was a fireplace which was surrounded by a large amount of chairs and places to sit. there were a few poufs around and there was a giant cupboard at the back where they kept all of the blankets. {which all had a heating spell on them} There were ceramic ravens around the room holding lanterns and the dim lighting made the room feel cosy and warm. It reminded me of the burrow a bit and that calmed my nerves slightly. I was in a daze but was suddenly snapped out of it when I felt a presence next to me. I turned slightly and saw the familiar blonde hair that belonged to Luna Lovegood.

"its beautiful isn't it Arden?" she said in her flowy voice. I just nodded as the beautiful room had taken my breath away. A girl appeared next to Luna and ended up introducing herself as Cho Chang. She had long black hair and a fringe, she was about the same Height as Luna, however I was a little taller than them both. We were then led up the stair case and the boys followed Ernest and the girls along with myself followed Penelope. We reached the top and ascended into a long narrow hallway which was dimly lit as it was night time. she explained that in the day time it was a lot lighter. she stopped in front of each door calling out the girls names that would be in that room and writing them on the chalk board outside the door.

We waited until the very end of the hallway until it was just me, Luna and Cho left. Penelope explained that she wanted me to put in a good word to my brother Percy so she gave us the room with the in suite bathroom in it and explained how the others had to use the public bathroom down stairs next to the common room. we thanked her and left to go inside of the dorm. She had written our names neater than the others on the outside of the door and included a little raven drawing at the bottom.

When we went inside the dorm, we noticed it was very similar to the common room. It had the same Navy blue walls, the same flooring. The room was cylinder shaped and there were our own bookcases decorating a few of the walls. I guessed this was an old prefects room and they had given it to us for Penelope's gain with Percy. There was a large blue rug on the floor and it was furry so it felt nice on your feet. there was a small sitting are with our own fireplace and next to it was what I was presuming was the bathroom, the walls itself was covered in painted ravens and patterns that made it look incredible. There was candles everywhere and not just the basic ones scented ones! The scents ranged from blueberry to cinnamon and vanilla to pineapple. The roof was painted blue with constellations on it and on the wall opposite the bookcases were three beds. double beds. definitely a prefect room. we had our own wardrobes that had an extendable charm on it. The beds itself had a spell on them to fit the needs of each owner and I couldn't be happier. the beds were bannister four poster beds so they looked very elegant and they were decorated with blue and bronze bedding that looked extremely comfortable. next to the bookcases we had our very own bay window although it didn't actually open. The room over all had a very homely comfortable vibe and I could get used to it. Penelope followed us in and with one flick of her wand all of our things were unpacked, we thanked her and then she left. her disappearance led to us having a fit because of how incredible our rooms were and I could tell I had just found myself two new best friends. I couldn't wait to boast to my brothers about his room...

Look at that two times in one day, I'm getting the hang of this. Anyways I hope you liked it, I spent a lot of time on it .

- looney tunes