Chapter 37: the weasleys big trip

Ron was showing me the article from the newspaper. He's told bloody everyone apparently. As if they didn't already know considering it's on the front page of the newspaper!

"Egypt! What was it like?" I asked Ron after we had all sat at the table. Me and Ron across from Arden and Hermione.

"Brilliant! Lots of old stuff like mummy's, tombs. Even scabbers enjoyed himself!"
Arden looked up from her book long enough to give Ron a sarcastic look.

"You know the Egyptians used to worship cats." She mentioned casually whilst stroking crookshanks.

"Yeah along with the dung beetles" ron sneered.

"Not flashing that clipping about again are we Ron?"george mocked Ron as he and Fred walked in.

"I haven't shown it to anyone!" Ron weakly defended himself.

"No! Not a soul, not unless you count Tom"

"The day maid"

"The night maid" Arden joined in with the teasing, sharing a cheeky grin with her elder brothers.

"The cook"

"The bloke who came to fix the toilet"

"Oh! And that bloke from Belgium!" Arden finished whilst smiling cheekily at Ron. It was at this point I finally got to look at her properly.

She looked different from last year. Her face looked more mature and proportioned. She'd lost some of the baby fat on her face and her eyes seemed to have shrunk. She looked good. Beautiful even. She didn't look very adult yet but she didn't look as childish as she had the last time I had seen her.

She looked up and grinned at me. Her smile was different too. More of a mischievous smirk than an actually grin. She looked more like her elder twin brothers.

"Oh Harry!" Mrs Weasley cooed as she ran towards me as we hugged.

"Oh good to see you dear"

"Good to see you too" I replied sincerely.

"Yes now have you got everything you need?"

"Yes"

"All your books? You know how you were last year" Arden added in, earning an annoyed look from mrs Weasley.

"All of your clothes?" I nodded

"Yeah everything's there" I told her smiling.

"Good boy" she said whilst patting my cheek.

"Harry Potter" mr Weasley said seriously.

"Mr Weasley" I said shaking his hand.

"Harry! I wondered if I might have a word" he asked whilst looking at me expectantly. I looked around quickly noticing that everyone was busy.

"Yeah sure"

" hermione!" He said cheerfully as we walked past.

"Good morning mr Weasley" she replied back as we walked passed her and towards a poster on a column.

Ardens pov:

"Good morning mr Weasley" I heard mione say as my dad passed her with Harry trailing behind.

" what'd you think that's about then sissy" Fred asked me as he and George turned my way.

"No clue Freddie, haven't you pair got an invention to hear through long distances yet?"

"No not yet. Working on something as we speak tho aren't we Freddie?" George asked his twin.

" of course you are. It better be good. I need all the juicy gossip and I can't get it just sitting here. Perhaps I'll ask Harry later. Or on the train or after we get to Hogwarts. I'm sure it's nothing anyway."