Chapter 16: Chamber of secrets

Harry had a detention later that day due to the issue with the flying car. Ron was also in detention cleaning the trophy room. Whilst Ron was doing that Harry was signing Gilderoy Lockhart's autographs. After Ron had finished his detention me, Ron and Hermione found Harry in the middle of the hallway with his ear pressed up against the wall. Which was rather concerning.

"Harry!" I shout from a little while a way.

"Did you hear that?!" Wow rude, I didn't even get a hello back.

"Hear what?" Ron asked looking at Harry sceptically.  He went on to explain that he had been hearing voices ever since Lockhart's office, it was weird. And he was the chosen one so it probably was not natural either.   

"It's moving, I think its going to kill!" He exclaimed whilst starting to run off in a completely different direction. We all shared a look and then ran off after him.         

"HARRY WAIT, NOT SO FAST!" Me, and Hermione yelled in unison. I sent her a small smirk. We reached the end of a corridor, and saw there were quite a few spiders crawling out of a crack in a glass window. We stopped to stare at them.

"Strange, I've never seen spiders act like that." Harry said in a hushed tone. Hermione looked confused and Ron looked like he was about to pee his pants. 

"Ron doesn't like spiders" I teased, he looked terrified. Hermione just gave me a fed up look. We then realised the floor was wet, and turned around only to see a reflection in the puddle. 

"What's that?!" Ron asked. We all looked up to see a message written in blood on the wall.

The chamber of secrets has been opened, enemies of the heir... beware

Hermione read it out, and then stated that it was written in blood. She now looked scared.

"Oh no...It's Filches' cat." Harry said, looking up which caused us to do the same. Hanging from the wall was Mrs Norris, Filches' cat. At that moment groups of students came from both sides, surrounding us. Draco's smirk was automatically wiped off his face when he came around the corner.

"Enemies of the heir beware?" Draco sneered. "You'll be next mud blood." Draco said whilst looking at Hermione. Then Filch came around the corner and made his way through the group of students.

"Whats goin on here?" He yelled over the noise.When he saw Mrs Norris he looked about ready to cry. 

"You, You murdered my cat. Ill kill ya, Ill kill ya!" Filch yelled, whilst grabbing Harry by the collar.

"ARGUS." Dumbledore said when he came round the corner accompanied by Mcgonagall and Snape. He froze when he saw the message on the wall. "Everyone will proceed to their dormitories immediately." He said, and people started making their way there. "Everyone except, you four." He said pointing to me, Harry, Ron and Hermione. We turned around and stood still. We were the only ones left in the hallway besides the teachers. 

"She's not dead Argus, she's been petrified." Dumbledore said whilst looking at the caretaker. Gilderoy Lockhart walked up to the cat.

"Ah thought so, so unlucky I wasn't there, I know exactly the counter curse that could have spared her." Lockhart said, Mcgonagall, Snape and Dumbledore just gave him unimpressed looks. Dumbledore carried on.

"But how she's been petrified I cannot say." 

"Ask him, It's him that's done it. You saw what he wrote on the wall." Filch sneered at us.

"That's not true sir I swear, I never touched Mrs Norris." Harry told the headmaster. 

"If I might headmaster, perhaps Potter and his friends were simply in the wrong place at the wrong time?" Snape queered to Dumbledore, confusing Harry, Ron and Hermione. But I knew he had a nice side somewhere deep down.

"However, the circumstances are suspicious, I for one don't recall seeing Potter at dinner." Snape said whilst walking towards us.

"I'm afraid that's my fault Severus, you see Harry was helping me answer my fan mail." Lockhart said.

"That's why Ron, Aspyn and I went looking for him professor, we just found out when he said-" Hermione said.

"Yes Miss Granger?" Snape asked

"When I said that I wasn't hungry" Harry stated, Ron nodded. " We were just heading back to the common room when we found Mrs Norris." I nodded this time.

"It's true sir, I was just going to walk halfway with them and then head back to my own common room." I think Snape forgot I was here, because he jumped when he heard me speak. Snape raised an eyebrow and turned back to Dumbledore.

"Innocent until proven guilty Severus." Dumbledore told him. He smirked

"My cat, has been petrified, I wanna see some punishment!" Filch shouted.

"We will be able to cure her Argus" Dumbledore reassured Filch. "As I understand it, Madame Sprout has a very healthy growth of mandrakes, a Madura potion will be made which will revive Mrs Norris." Filch nodded. "And in the mean time, I strongly recommend caution, to all" Dumbledore said whilst looking at us. We nodded...

OK another chapter! Hope you like it!