Chapter 19: The young healer

We were all sitting in the medical wing, with Harry. Draco was on the other side of the room, making over exaggerated noises; his Slytherin teammates did not seem impressed.

Poppy came running in, carrying a bottle of skelegrow,  her red robes flowing behind her as she moved. 

"Oh, Mr Malfoy. Stop making such a fuss, you can go! Out of my way! Out of my way!" She yelled out loud, manoeuvring her way through the Gryffindor team. She came to Harry's bedside. 

"You should have been brought straight to me! I can mend bones in a heart beat but growing them?!" She said, sounding very annoyed with a certain big- headed author.

"You will be able to do it though?!" Hermione asked sounding worried. I didn't bother saying anything, I knew Poppy would be able to do it. She's a bloody genius! I carried on reading 'Pride and Prejudice' which I had found in the Ravenclaw common room earlier that week. I snook a quick look at Draco and couldn't help but admire him. He had gotten considerably better looking over break. What are you doing Arden?! Draco bloody Malfoy!? I thought to myself but was interrupted when Poppy started talking. I looked back down to my book, missing the confusion filled glance from Draco.

Poppy warned Harry about the pain and started pouring some of the liquid into a small glass cup she had on the side table. Harry took the cup, started drinking it and immediately spat it out all over the bedsheet. Making Fred and George step back in disgust. I thought to myself that skelegrow potion wasn't that bad. I mean I had tasted it before as I had been taking some extra classes alongside Poppy for future career options. I was bored with Harry's moaning so looked back at Draco, only to find him looking to me with a look of pain written all over his face.

"Madame Pomphrey, I believe Draco needs more painkiller, do you want me to give it him?" I asked her. She nodded and shooed me off. I held my finger up to Draco and kept eye contact as I briskly walked over towards Poppy's office, I walked in grabbed the pain killing potion and walked over to Draco's bedside. Receiving glances from my brothers in the process. His friends were no longer there. I sat at the edge of his bed and directed the potion in his mouth. After I finished he sent me a small smile. I was shocked to say the least.

"That's the first time you have ever smiled at me Mr Malfoy." He chuckled but then realised what he was doing and corrected himself.

"Yeah well I don't usually talk to blood traitors." He spat. I didn't take it to heart.

"Call me that all you want Draco, I have my own beliefs and neither you, your father or anyone will stop me from keeping them, Get some rest." I tell him, shoot him a smile and walk off. He was gobsmacked. 

OK WTF?!?!?!?! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 1K READS! It honestly means so much to me! Thank you to everyone who reads my story. I love you all! Also PS i'm gonna try to update more frequently.

xoxo- LooneyTunes.