Chapter 12: After Diagon Alley

I don't know what my family really did in Diagon Alley. What I do know is that Harry had found his way into knock turn alley. I also found out from the twins that Harry had been visited by the Malfoys house elf and it begged him not to go to Hogwarts. And the fact that his uncle fell out the window.  Oh and the fact that Gilderoy Lockhart is teaching at Hogwarts this year. Mom always loved him but I personally didn't get it, and neither did Luna. Cho, however was crazy about him. Most the boys thought he was an arrogant, self obsessed, no good old man. And I agreed with that statement. Ginny, Hermione, Harry and Ron had also been targeted by none other than Lucius Malfoy and his no good lump of a son. {I didn't mean that I promise, its just for now}

I spent the whole day with Luna, just running around Diagon Alley getting all the things we needed. But then all my fun was ruined when Ron came up to us and told me we were leaving. And after bidding Luna goodbye, we were off.  We added all of our items into our trunks ready for the next day, when we would set of to Hogwarts!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day...

We were running through Kings Cross station, it was 10.58 and Ginny was at the front with dad followed by Percy and the twins, me, Harry and Ron at the back with mom. Fred, Percy and George ran through the wall followed by Ginny, mom and dad and then me. I presumed Ron and Harry were behind me so I continued to run towards the train. And I just about made it on time. 

When I got on the train, I noticed Ginny walking around on her own and so I invited her to join me, Cho and Luna. She agreed and then we made our way into the carriage that they were sat in. I introduced them all and proceeded to settle into the cabin, with Ginny by my side. After a few hours we got to the train station, which was about a twenty minute walk from the castle. 

Luna said hello to the thestrals, and we got into the horse-drawn style carriages and made our way to the front of the school. Ginny, went off into the boats with Hagrid and the other first years and we went into the Great Hall. 

FREDS POV:

We were sat in the great hall waiting for the first years to come in, only this time Ginny would be with them. George turned to me and proceeded to ask me if I knew where Ron and Harry were. I had no clue, I was about to tell him that but then the first years came in. Ginny was stood next to a tall mix-raced boy and they looked as though they were very deep in conversation. She looked over at us and smiled, although she looked like she was searching for someone. I saw her look around the other tables in confusion and then her eyes landed on Aspyn. Ginny's face flashed showing anger and a slight hint of. Sadness? I just brushed it off and then sat wondering about what I was going to eat for dinner and what pranks I was going to do with George. Long story short, Ginny was sorted into Gryffindor and she came over to sit with us. The look of confusion on her face was still evident.

"How come Aspyn isn't sitting with us?" Came out of Ginny's mouth.

"She's a Ravenclaw. She never sits with us" That's how George replied, and i saw a look of hurt flash over Ginny's face which confused me.

"But don't you think she gets lonely, I  mean we share a common room, a table and get to see each other all the time and she's just alone over there?" I saw she had a point, but I has never thought of it that way. Me and George voiced our claims of agreement , but before we knew it dinner was over and Aspyn had already left...