18. Brothers in Arms.

---------------

   Clausa First National, was probably the most secure Bank in the city of Rome, as well as one of the oldest. Settled in 350 BC, the institute had a long and interesting history, which included attempted robberies, being raided in wars and nearly destroyed by a mob of enraged citizens during the Great Depression. Yet it was still standing.

Though it wasn't used as a traditional bank any more. Now it acted as nothing more than an exceedingly secure vault for the super-rich. 

Though as any good thief knows: Secure does not equal safe.

In a cleaning closet, two figures emerged from a hole they'd cut of the floor.

Both were dressed in dark black jumpsuits, which were covered in filth from their trek in the sewer below, and carrying duffle bags.

Both were also wanted world-wide for their crimes.

The first, a male Duck in his late Thirty's/early Forty's, was ranked number 1 on Interpol's White Collar division's wanted list for the past twenty years was 'The Spectre' aka Cyrus Paterno.

The other, a younger female hyena, who was in her Mid-to-Late Twenty's and was ranked number 6 on the same list, was Lyla Pecks, known in the underworld as 'Giggles'.

The older and more experienced  stepped up to the door and placed a small rectangular gadget on it's centre before pulling a pair of goggles out of his pocket, together the two devices allowed him to see through the closed door without issue.

As he checked the exterior of their hiding spot and made sure there was no cameras or guards waiting for them on the other side, his partner stood back and examined the contents of the closet getting more and more bored by the second.

"So," - Lyla muttered, picking at her nails. - "Why'd ya choose Gold as your nominee?"

"What?" - He quietly questioned.

"Why'd ya choose Gold as your trainee?" - She repeated in a louder, more obnoxious tone.

Cyrus hesitated. - "Why'd you choose yours?"

"I asked first."

The man sighed. - "Because he's an excellent thief." - He answered, keeping his eyes glued to the task in front of him. - "He's got skills greater than most members of the Guild and ambition like no other. I see greatness in his future, and I say we use it to our advantage."

"Is that all?"

"Yes."

Lyla scoffed. - "So it has nothing to do with the fact that he's the other apprentice of your mentor?"

Cyrus pulled the device free from the door and stuffed both it and his pair of goggles into the duffle bag that hung from his shoulder.

"Hallway's clear, I say we go now."

"I'll take you ignoring the question as a indicator of me being correct."

The older thief turned and face the Women. - "Listen Giggles, both of us being in the Guild does not make us friends, it makes colleagues, so I'll give you the one warning I give any colleague who dares step in my way." - He grit his teeth and narrowed his eyes. - "If you continue to dig into my personal life, I will dig you a grave. Understood?"

Giggles' smile fell for a moment before rising greater than before. - "Understood."

"Now if I am mistaken, we have a job to complete."

The two stripped of their dirty jumpsuits, revealing faux Clausa First National security personal uniforms and exited the cleaning closet.

-----