[04] ● All ~ ☆ ~ El ●

Start from the beginning

"I could have but since coming here you've been closed off, I barely hear from you anymore. Even if I had asked, you won't have told me was was going on"

"That's because there is nothing going on with me" Jonathan insisted going for his father's outstretched hands for a second time, unsuccessfully.

"There has to be" Clarks eyes locked onto Jonathan's face searching as if he would find the answer on Jonathan's physical person.

"... Is it the move? - I thought you liked it here. I know things didn't start off on the right foot I thought your friends would come out and visit you. I thought , I ... I thought , I thought"

Clark stuttered his mind holding desperately onto the words that threatened to pour out of his mouth, breathing once, twice. Clark again opened his mouth to speak this time with little difficulty.

"... I mean I thought you agreed to come here that this would be a great thing for you and your brother"

Jonathan paused his frantic lunges at his dad's hands, stopping, Jonathan thought 'dad couldn't honestly believe that'.

"No dad"

"What do you mean" Clark blinked, eyes clearing to Jonathan's true feelings.

In a hushed harsh voice, that was lowered as to not draw the attention of other students and staff outside of the changing rooms.

"This was a great thing for you and Jordan, hell even for mom but don't you ever pretend that you, ever thought smallville would be good for me"

"... But you said"

"Ya, said. Just said because I knew Jordan needed this, he couldn't have dealt with his powers back in metropolis, hell he couldn't even deal with being plainly human most of the time, what would have made me thought that he could handle all that and his powers at the same time"

"You didn't say anything"

"Of course, I didn't say anything, as it turns out. I don't think I even have had to say anything to you. Now do I? -

How can I know you haven't done this before? -

Routed through my stuff, -

Oh wait, you wouldn't even have had to do that, you could just listen in, x-ray vision a building to find out what was so apparently up with me this entire time. -

So why, -

why would i tell you anything?"

"You know I wouldn't do that"

"Do I? ... I don't think I ever truly knew you, dad... superman" Jonathan voice grow cold towards the end of his sentence, staring at his father, who had flinched a the unfamiliar title that Jonathan had addressed him with.

"You know I only did this" Clark starred pointedly around him, in obvious reference to his slight against Jonathan.

"Because, I care. Right?"

"Don't lie to me, I know that staying in smallville was not an option"

"We could have made it work"

"What with me in metropolis and the rest of you guys here? You know, you only asked because you wanted me to have some interest in this godforsaken dump, before shipping us here"

"... Jonathan"

"No ... no you wanted to know what was up with me, so here it is, it's this town, the people there pity or anger, never know were I am with them ... whether the next thing I say or do will set them, even Jordan, you or mom off ... it makes me feel like i'm suffocating so im sorry if I don't seem all clear in the head right know because those" Jonathan speaking in reference to the stakes of paper in Clark's hand, his fingers finally losing their grip allowing Jonathan to take them, holding them to his chest - above his heart.