𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟭𝟭: 𝗘𝗟𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡 𝗕𝗥𝗢𝗞𝗘𝗡 𝗕𝗢𝗧𝗧𝗟𝗘𝗦

Jimin's P.O.V

▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎

▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎

[SUNDAY, EARLY OCTOBER]

Jungkook is about ten steps ahead of me while exiting.

No, it doesn't scare me that his obviously longer legs are faster, but it's a bit concerning when he hasn't told me his plans before leaving the diner. All I could see was the back of his black dress shirt, and swing of his arms as he unlocked the SUV doors with ease. The older male opened the driver's door quickly, snapping his head back at me with furrowed brows. His cheeks and neck were flush with a rouge; however, it wasn't from embarrassment. I knew that much.

I stop at the hood of the SUV, waiting Jungkook to say something.

The brunette nodded curtly toward the car. "Get in, please... Can't waste much time now--"

I glanced around while thinking. "Where are we heading? We know he can't be at work." I knew that when I emerged out of those glass doors, I was going to face a whole new world. Helping Tae wasn't going to be easy, but it couldn't be rushed.

Jungkook swiped his tongue on the inside of his cheek, tapping lightly on the hood of the vehicle. "Who knows where he is... I wouldn't be surprised if left the continent. Either way, it's still your birthday and we need to get this over with before it ends. I'm sick of playing games." Jungkook finished the task of getting in the SUV and settling down, and leaving me with no choice but to hurry onto the passenger side and sit with him.

Although it's hard to see through Jungkook's sternness at times, it's presented plain as day how truly emotional he was. He didn't wear his heart on his sleeve, but it definitely wasn't stone cold. With each day, I'm able to peel back a layer in his attitude and peek into his thought process. Which, I'll admit, is more structured than mine.

Sitting beside him in the car created an enclosed space fraught with tension and undeniable animosity. The silence was a brick on each of my shoulders and chest, compressing my lungs while we both stared forward. When he backed out of his parking space, I didn't need to see his entire expression to understand his feelings.

After letting off onto the road, we came to a red light just up the street. An opening I couldn't neglect.

"I think we should both calm down," I took a breath, "I'm sure when Taehyung knows about the robbery, and he was freaking out too. Bringing more of that frustration will just flare everything up again, and-and nothing will get fixed... Right?"

In that moment, I sent a small prayer to whatever God, asking for him to make sense of what I said.

Jungkook's fingers tighten on the steering wheel. "I get where you're coming from. But if I'm being honest, none of it matters." He exhaled, "we're heading to his house, and whatever happens... Will just remain as it is."