𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟵: 𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗘 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗧𝗘 𝗖𝗟𝗢𝗨𝗗𝗦

Jimin's P.O.V

▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎

▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎

[SATURDAY, EARLY OCTOBER]

Fifteen minutes.

That was the exact duration I was sitting still in an idle vehicle with the music barely audible and my focus drifting in and out like the movement of drive thru. Occasionally, there was an idea that struck me as I split my attention between typing a message to Taehyung on my phone and looking his house like a meandering child who was on a scavenger hunt.

Except, this hunt was miles from thrilling, and instead of the promising reward of treasure, I hoping to gain just slither of information from those close to me.

"You can call if you need something..."

As a child, it was difficult for me to stay in one place all the time. I was constantly given things like toys or projects around the house to keep me busy from asking questions or running around with my imaginary friends. This situation seemed to be another rendition of those times; except, I don't know why it's happening at all. I was tempted to call in, but I knew when Jungkook spoke to me with such urgency that I couldn't just disturb their time because I was-to simply say- bored.

When I stared out of the passenger window, I pictured Jungkook coming out from the door with his nicely waved hair and his trademark expressionless look that wasn't too grim or overly emote. But more often than not, my fantasies were shot down and the version of reality I created was always, in some way, wrong. Not one person could leer into the future, and if that person did exist, it wouldn't be me.

That statement was sort of tried and true, especially when the exact opposite of your wishes come true.

Jungkook, after fifteen minutes of entering Taehyung's had escaped the doorway as if he had lit matches and dropped them in a house filled the melted wax. His face had a sanguineness hue and his eyebrows were wrinkled to a degree I never thought I'd see him wear. His steps were loud enough on the pavement that didn't need to watch him progress his way to car for me to understand he was in a hurry.

I went to unclick my seatbelt, but I was stopped short when Jungkook ceased in front of the window on my side, and gestured his hand horizontally so I could roll down the window. I didn't think much before following through with his command and pressed the button on the door to lower the glass that separated the two of us. It was the implicit assumption that occurred, telling me I shouldn't be slow in my actions.

The second the window was cracking, and Jungkook's eyes were starting to get shifty I didn't dare speak out until it was needed. Jungkook took a moment to breathe before starting, up close his back was now parted differently, showing that he'd been tampering with it rather messily once he entered. Whatever played out inside of Tae's home had to have been something shocking for him to appear like he was being chased out of the door.