Chapter 28: "the play is about her life."

Start from the beginning

Her dad suggest them to be here. Why? Should I be suspicious of this unusual gesture, or does he decides to do the right thing for his daughter.

"I'm assuming you were going to screw up with another girl-"

"I'm in my third year of college, and I need to study if I want to graduate early," Martin cuts my sentence, "don't assume something nonsense where you don't even know me."

"But I do. I know everything about you and the Wright family."

Martin finally turned his face towards me, "what are you up to, Claude? How did you get so close to a person like her? How can you make her open up to you?"

I answered him, "she realized that someone cherishes her. She allowed me to enter her life just like that."

"What do you want? Money? Fame? Do you want to bring me down?"

"I want to help her since you've been a burden to her life. You don't know how your presence affects her life," I said, and I glared at him.

Martin rolled his eyes and paid attention to the stage again, "tell Jocelyn that after this, we'll be having dinner with Mr. Wayne, so make sure to come home fast," Martin glanced at me, "I'm assuming you're going to come to our dinner if I got in your way. Mr. Wayne won't mind a guest in his house."

***

THIRD P.O.V

* Scene 3: at the garden.

Aurora and Philips hang out in the garden secretly without anyone knowing. They have been hangout a lot for the past two weeks, and neither of them admits their feeling for each other. Yes, the princess wouldn't think about falling for her gardener, but she did. And the gardener wouldn't think about the princess liking him back.

"So, what's so good about this book?" Philips asked as he leaned to Aurora's book.

"It's Romeo and Juliet," Aurora deadpanned.

"Oh, it is?" Philipa took the book from Aurora and flipped it over, "Oh, it is Romeo and Juliet."

"Princess Aurora?" one of Aurora's servants called for her. Philips immediately stood up and acted like cutting the bushes next to them, "There you are, Princess Aurora. The King has been looking for you. The Axon's have come."

The news of Prince Leo's appearance has made Philips tense. Aurora eyed Philipa and mouthed, "I'll be right back," Aurora followed the butler and went inside the castle.

* Scene 4: The dining room and in the middle, there's a window

Philips went to window and secretly watched them. Philips looks at the king and the queen talking to Mr. and Mrs. Axon. Philipa saw Prince Leo stealing a glance at Aurora while busy eating her food.

Philips felt jealous. He clenched his fist, and he thought it should have been him. It should have been here, talking to the king and the queen about their future. What would they do after they married? How many kids do they want? But Philips realizes that he's just a gardener with no chance with the princess.

Philips accepts the fate of no chances of getting the princess's heart. He walked away from the window and continued trimming off bushes.

After a few hours of discussing princess Aurora and Prince Leo's wedding, they left the stage. The King and the queen were hesitant to go to Aurora while she was deep in her mind. But they gave her a personal space and left the dining room, leaving Aurora alone.

Aurora took a sharp breath and walked to the window. She looked up and was confused about why Philips kept showing inside her mind. She couldn't get Philips off her mind while eating earlier. She sighed before singing—you, Dear by Eloise.