𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘪𝘥𝘦 𝘣𝘺 𝘴𝘪𝘥𝘦.

PETER WALKED across the street, mesmerized by the girl that was waiting on the other side of the road for him. He didn't take his eyes off her, he just kept walking and magically dodging cars. A lot of people honked at him. He didn't seem to care.

Olivia had texted her asking to meet up at the Chelsea Pier in Manhattan, as friends. Peter gladly agreed. He continued to walk across the street, almost floating. Olivia only noticed the boy when he walked onto the sidewalk.

Peter and Olivia locked eyes. Olivia tried to push her smile down, but she failed. Peter walks over to her. "Hey." He smiles. He chuckles. "Hi."

Olivia's smile is fully visible now. "Hi." She says.

"You look amazing." He says, looking at the girl in awe.

"I'm sorry for the sudden reaching out, I understand it could've been weird-"

"No, no worries. I-I don't mind." Peter says.

Olivia smiles. "I just figured that it was time, you know?" Olivia forgets herself for a second, getting lost in the boy's eyes. "Time to try and be friends."

Peter nods. "Friends, yeah. Okay." The smile fades from his face.

"I just- I don't want it to be complicated." The brunette explains.

"I was just saying that to someone, I hate complicated."

"Keeping it simple, you know."

"This is Peter Parker. His whole life's complicated."

Harry.

"Okay, great. Yeah, yeah, yeah. Alright." Peter says. They start walking together. "I mean, If-if we're gonna be friends, we gotta establish some ground rules."

"Some ground rules?" Olivia chuckles in disbelief.

"Yeah, some ground rules." He chuckles, glad he made Olivia laugh. "Like that."

He smiles widely. "Like what?" Olivia asks.

"That laugh-that laugh." He says, still smiling. "That's off the table."

"My laugh is off the table?" Olivia asks, raising an eyebrow.

"The laugh's off the table, you gotta figure out a more annoying laugh." He smiles.

"Challenge accepted." She says. She laughs in the most annoying way she can, it sounds awful. "That's still adorable." Peter laughs.

Olivia laughs for real this time. "That was not adorable, that wasn't adorable." She turns to fully face him. "Okay, I have a ground rule."

"What is it?" He asks, looking up at her.

"Don't tell me that I look amazing." She says. Peter slightly circles her to stand in front of her. "With your big beautiful brown eyes that I get lost in, okay?I'm really serious about that one." Olivia tries to not let out a giggle. She starts playing with her braid.

"Oh no." Peter says.

"What?" Olivia asks.

"I just figured out the next ground rule." Peter says.

"What?" Olivia chuckles.

"No more of this." Peter says, mocking Olivia playing with her hair. "No more- no more playing with your hair.

Olivia giggles. "What am I supposed to do?" She pauses to play with her braid again. "I have to fix my hair somehow."

"This is killing me." Peter says. "I got- you're spitting in the face of my ground rules, I'm out." He starts walking off.

"Come on." Olivia chuckles.

He walks back to Olivia. "First we get ice cream, and then I'm out."

***

Olivia and Peter both got their (basic) vanilla ice cream with no toppings and walked down the pier together. "Yeah, that happened, and so I'm addicted to this crepè place called Sweet Stepney- have you been there?" She asks.

"Oh, I don't know." He answers.

"It's mind-blowing." Olivia smiles.

"It's that place on Broadway- I know, you love going there." Peter says, taking a spoonful of his ice cream and putting it in his mouth.

Olivia smiles and does the same. "How do you know that?"

"Hm?" Peter asks, continuing to eat his ice cream.

"How do you know I love it there?" The brunette asks.

"Because-cause you told me." Peter says, swinging on a nearby tree as they reach the end of the pier.

"It just opened last month." Olivia says. Both teenagers turn to face each other. Peter scoffs.

"Peter Parker, have you been following me?" Olivia asks. Peter doesn't say anything. He guiltily hides his face behind the tree, smiling.

Olivia's face turns into a slight slime. "I knew it. How often?" Peter wraps his arm around the tree and takes his head out. He shakes his head. "Just once a day. Sometimes-sometimes more."

Olivia looks down and shakes her head, smiling. "Oh, boy." She looks back up at him. "Why?" They were inches apart from each other now. "To make sure I'm safe?" She asks.

"And." He says.

"And?" She asks.

"And because it's the closest I can get to still being with you." Peter removes his arm around the tree and steps closer to Olivia. Their noses are touching. His head leaning down on hers. Peter leans in, almost about to kiss her. Olivia starts to get nervous. She loves him, but she can't repeat this pattern again.

"I'm moving to California." She pulls away, ruining the moment. Peter slowly pulls away.

His eyebrows furrow. "What?"

"Yeah." Olivia says. "I-I got a um- I'm up for a position to intern at NASA in their human exploration and operations department and it's between me and this other girl and there's this oral exam we have to do now, but I'm scared because she's probably a genius and um- she could be chosen, but it could-it might be me, I hope it's me and I'll be moving to California." Olivia softly smiles.

"Wow." Peter says, impressed.

"Yeah." She smiles. "And I'm really excited. I don't usually get excited because I've learned to expect disappointment. If you expect disappointment, you can never get disappointed." She shrugs.

Peter's still focused on the fact she's moving across the country. "Wow, uh- that's uh- California." Suddenly, Peter's head snaps towards behind him.

"What?" Olivia asks, knowing his sense is going off. He looks over at Times Square. Peter begins to worry. Olivia walks over next to him and looks down at the city. She begins to worry.

When she turns to look at him, he's gone. Only his backpack, jacket, and shoes remain where he was standing. She realizes where he went off to and rests her tongue in her cheek. She sighs. Her phone goes off.

She looks down to see a text from Gwen. It says to meet her at Times Square as soon as possible. She texts her back: On my way. She was positive that Spider-man's already there.

Olivia sighs and rushes down to the city center.