𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘴𝘵 𝘥𝘢𝘺.

OAKLAND, CALIFORNIA has never had the best reputation. Commonly referred to as 'The Bay', it's always had a ton of crime, prostitutes, and gangs. Not to mention fighting drug addicts on your way to meet up with your friends. Bullets practically raining from the sky. It's never been an ideal place to live.

So, Olivia was not in the slightest upset when her dad told her that they had to move to New York City for his work. Olivia did like the Bay (after all it was her home), but she wanted nothing more than to get out of this hell-hole. She packed as soon as she possibly could and they left for NYC within a week.

She looked up at the sign infront of her. Midtown High School. Olivia looked down at her schedule. "This school is huge, how am I gonna find my-" She got cut off by a blonde haired teenage girl bumping into her. Olivia's books drop.

"Oh my, I'm really sorry, I-" The blonde pauses her apologies when she looks up at the unfamiliar brunette.

"I've never seen you around here." She says, handing Olivia her books. "Are you new?"

"Yeah, actually." Olivia answers, taking her books and standing up. The blonde follows suit. "I'm Gwen Stacy."

"It's nice to meet you. I'm Olivia. Olivia Ramirez. You can call me 'Liv'." The brunette says.

"Ramirez?" Gwen asks, a puzzled look on her face. Olivia narrows her eyes. "Uh, yeah."

"Is your dad by any chance a police officer?" She asks.

"Actually, yeah." Olivia answers, her eyebrows furrowed. "How'd you know that?"

"My dad has a high rank in NYPD station. I remember him saying something about a 'Captain Ramirez' at dinner last night." Gwen smiles. "Do you need help finding your classes? I know the school might look overwhelming at first, but-"

"Yeah, that'd be great, actually." Olivia smiles, handing Gwen her schedule.

"We have a few classes together. I can walk you to your first one, it's on the way to mine."

"Let's go." Olivia says, starting to follow Gwen. Suddenly, both girls hear people chanting 'Eat it, eat it, eat it!' The girls exchange a look with each other.

"Eat your vegetables, Gordon! Come on!" A boy in a buzz cut yells, shoving another kid's face onto a lunch tray with food. "Hey, Parker! Come on, get a picture of this!"

"No, I'm not gonna take a picture, put him down-" Parker tries. "Gordon, don't eat it, man."

"Take the picture!" The other boy yells back.

"Put him down, Flash." Parker says, persisting.

"Take. The. Picture." Flash repeats, with a harsher tone.

"Put. Him. Down." Parker yells back. Then, "Eugene!" The crowd ooooh's. Flash drops the other kid onto the floor. Gwen and Olivia exchange a nervous look with each other, knowing where this is going.

"Hey-" Parker says, trying to reason. Instead, Flash runs up to him and punches his face. Parker falls to the ground. "Get up, Parker!" Flash yells. Parker gets up, but Flash picks him up and punches his crotch (ouch). "Come on!" He yells. Flash kicks Parker. Parker winces in pain.

"Still not taking the picture." Parker says, still in pain.

"Stay down there, Parker!" Flash yells back. Gwen and Olivia exchange another look. "Who wants one more?" Gwen walks up to Flash, while Olivia rushes to the boy on the floor.

"Hey, Flash!" Gwen yells. "We still on for after school? My house? 3:30? I hope you've been doing your homework cause last time I was very disappointed in you." Flash tries to speak, but she doesn't let him get a word in. "Flash, how about we go to class, hm? Yeah, how about it?" On cue, the bell rings. Flash and the rest of the crowd head off to their classes.

Gwen winks and walks off. "Gwen-" Olivia says, but the blonde had already walked off, leaving her and the brunette boy alone. She kneels down, helping the boy up. "He's such an asshole, I'm sorry about him. I'm sure you don't deserve that, I- You're Parker, right?"

He meets her eyes, then chuckles. "I don't think I've seen you here."

"Olivia Ramirez." She says, offering her hand. "Will you tell me your name now or what?"

He chuckles again, then takes her hand. "Peter. Peter Parker." He stands up. "Thank you, Olivia."

"Call me Liv."

"Hey, Liv." He says, a smile working it's way onto his face.

"That was very brave of you, I have to say. Most kids wouldn't do that." Olivia says.

Peter shrugs. "Flash has been like this for years. Someone has to stand up to him." The bell rings.

"Shit, we're late to class. It's literally my first day here." Olivia says.

"Where are you headed to?" Peter nods.

The brunette looks down at her schedule "302."

"That's my class too. Follow me." He says, offering his hand. Olivia looks around, hesitating. Her dad told her to not mess around with boys. I mean, he was just walking her to her class, right? It's a one time thing.

She takes his hand.

***

Both teenagers hurry in class. "Why were you two late?" The (male) teacher asks.

"Cramps." Olivia quickly says. The teacher narrows his eyes. She quickly grabs Peter and they both go sit, next to each other, and Gwen. "Hey, I thought that was great what you did out there." Gwen says, looking at Peter. "It was stupid, but it was great. Good thing you had Liv to clean up your mess." She smiles.

"You should probably go to the nurse, you might have a concussion." Olivia suggests.

"She has a point." Gwen says. "What's your name?"

"You don't know my name?" Peter frowns.

"I know your name." Gwen smiles. "I wanna know if you know your name."

"Peter." He says. The two girls stare at him expectedly. "Parker."

"Okay, okay good." Olivia chuckles. "I'd still go to the nurse though."

"You're Olivia, right?" He asks.

"Olivia Ramirez."

"And you're Gwen, right?"

"Gwen Stacy."

Peter nods and then lets out a chuckle, before focusing on the lesson. Gwen and Olivia share another look with each other, before looking back at the board.