𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘦𝘯𝘥.

BEING AN ORPHAN, Olivia didn't have much to loose by leaving New York. She wasn't born in New York. She was born in The Bay. Oakland, California. When she left the Bay, she lost a part of herself, she hadn't realized it till now. She doesn't use Oakland slang anymore. She doesn't dress like she's from Oakland anymore. She's changed.

As soon as Gwen died, Olivia booked her tickets for California. She needed a fresh start desperately, so she decided she wants to go before the summer ends. The funeral had been a few days prior. She booked the flight for today. She was leaving New York. Today. For good.

Gwen's not here anymore. She can't do anything to change that now. She wasn't ever going to see Gwen again. One of the most important people in her life. Gwen didn't deserve to die. Olivia and Gwen had spent days in their shared room, sobbing. And laughing. And crying. And laughing, again. Gwen had been Olivia's person she'd go to where she knew she wouldn't be judged. They spent every day together. I mean, they lived together.

Gwen was her best friend. No, she was more than that. She was family. And she's dead. If Olivia told her to stay or if she didn't encourage her to go to England, she would've been alive. Her dad died because she got involved with Spiderman. It wasn't the superhero's fault, he encouraged her to stay out of it. But she didn't listen. Everyone died because of her.

Olivia's dad had a high position. He managed to do a lot with his life. He got his family out of The Bay. Out of the hellhole many people dream of leaving, but that hellhole was home, to some people. Her dad's last words were meant to protect Olivia. But, Olivia knew that her dad was not going to make that decision for her. Her relationships were her choice. And her choice, only.

Olivia didn't really remember her mom. She has very few memories of her. She died when she was only a little kid. She had heard from her father that she looked exactly like her. Her dad said she was the most giving and selfless woman he'd ever met. Whenever he looked at Olivia, he saw her mom. And Peter, he's-

Peter. Peter's alive and in New York. Olivia hasn't had many crushes or loves or anything like that, but Peter has her in a chokehold. She fell hard for him. From the moment she saw him. She couldn't just leave him here, especially without saying goodbye. She had to say goodbye.

And for good.

***

Olivia changed from her red dress she was wearing at home, so she can be more comfortable on her flight. On the way to the airport, she made her cab stop by Peter's house, so she can say goodbye. She walked up to his porch and knocked on his door. The door opens, but it's not Peter. "Hey." Aunt May smiles warmly.

"Hi." Olivia smiles. "How are you?"

"I'm good." She smiles.

"I'm happy to hear." Olivia says. "Is Peter home?"

Aunt May frowns. "No, he's- he's doing whatever it is he does."

Olivia realizes what she's referring to. She still doesn't know he's Spiderman? "Right." She says. She felt bad for her. She seemed so sweet. She hoped one day she found out.

"Okay, um-" Olivia looks down. "Maybe you could give him a message for me." Aunt May nods.

She looks back up. "So, I'm-I'm leaving for California today. The yellow cab you see over there, is actually the one that's taking me to the airport. Um-Peter's been such an amazing person to me from- since I moved here and I love him, but it's better for us this way. After Gwen died, I think we both need a fresh start. He can continue as Spi-with his duties and very very important photography and I have to continue with mine, which is NASA. It's important to me and it's what I've wanted for a while now. Tell Peter that I think we're just on different paths right now, it's just opposite paths and um-that's, that's okay. Cause he has to do what he needs to do, but so do I, right? Oh, and thank him for everything he's done for me."

Aunt May nods, slightly tearing. "Thank you, Olivia. Peter talks a lot about you."

Olivia gives a sad smile. "Thank you, Aunt May." She gives the woman a hug and runs off to the cab.

***

"Hey, Peter. It's me, Liv." She says, speaking into her phone. "I got into NASA, yay!" She cheers. "It's very exciting. Um, I came by your house a few minutes ago and you weren't there, so I just wanted to let you know myself, that I'm on my way to the airport right now because after everything that happened with Gwen, and my father, and this past year, I think I need to start fresh and I really could use some time to settle in. I'll also be looking for colleges near the area. Um, you know, I think it would somehow be easier for both of us this way- and I think that maybe it's time, for both of us, to let this all go. To start fresh and go on about our lives. And that's not because I don't love you, it's actually because I do. I love you a lot, just remember that, please. So um, okay. Goodbye, Peter." She stops recording and wipes her tears.

She was in the cab now, but they were stuck in traffic. Nothing was moving. The call went straight to voicemail, so there wasn't much she could do. She just sat and thought about California and how different it would be. Suddenly, the cab driver speaks. "It's Spider-man!" Olivia leans forward to see what he's talking about. Her frown quickly turns into a wide smile when she sees what the guy's referring to. And in that moment: her mouth reacted before her body.

"Stop the cab." Olivia says, staring at the sight in front of her.

"Lady, I ain't even moving." The driver spits back, referring to the insane amount of traffic. She opens the door and walks out of the cab. She walks onto the sidewalk and sees everyone staring at what Spider-man had made.

He had webbing all over the Brooklyn Bridge, spelling out 'I love you'. She smiled widely. She realized she couldn't loose this boy. He loves her with all his heart. And look what he did for her. Olivia put her hand against the railing when suddenly a boy in a red and blue spandex suit swung towards her and picked her up.

Peter brought the two of them to the top of the Brooklyn Bridge.