Chapter Thirty-Nine: A Visitor & His Dog

Start from the beginning

"I've had protection charms up since... he escaped."

"Ahh," he nodded understandably, he shoved his hands into his pockets. "Have you been keeping up with the wizarding world much?"

"Not particularly, just that it was all over the muggle news, it was pretty hard to miss. Have they found him?"

"The ministry hasn't, no." 

Aries nodded, "So, what brings you here?"

"There's no really easy way to say it, Voldemort's back."

Her body tensed at the sound of his name. "I thought he was dead."

"He had help coming back. Harry saw it all happen."

"Harry? James and Lily's son?" she asked, remembering the small child, he had been about one the last time she saw him.

"Dumbledore's getting the Order back together."

"Is there anyone even left?" she retorted.

"Not much from the original Order, but there's people and they want to fight."

"So, you're here to recruit?"

"Not really no, that's not the reason I'm here." he said, clearing his throat, "It's about... it's about Peter."

Aries furrowed her brows. There was a brief moment of silence and nothing could prepare her for what he said next.

"He's alive."

She stammered. "No he's not... he's not, he's dead... he's been dead for years-"

"I thought he was dead, but he tricked us. He was the spy."

"No, Sirius was the spy- he's the one who killed Peter-"

The dog began to whine, to which Remus gave a sharp look.

"Aries, believe me, please. Sirius is innocent, he has been the entire time. Peter framed him. They switched last minute so that he'd be the secret keeper not Sirius and then he told Voldemort-"

"No... no, Peter- Peter wouldn't do that." she screwed her face.

"Aries-" Remus started but he was cut off as she shrieked. Next to him the dog had disappeared instead stood her brother.

Her heart pounded as she backed away pressing herself against the wall, his cheeks were hollow, and his eyes brimmed with sadness.

"Air, please, it's true. I didn't kill anyone." Sirius' voice broke. "It was Pettigrew, he's a death eater-"

"Stop lying to me! Peter wouldn't do that!" she cried.

"Aries, I saw him with my own eyes." Remus told her. "He faked his death, he brought Voldemort back, he killed-"

"Don't." she clenched her jaw. "Don't say that."

"Air-" Sirius walked towards her.

"Get away from me!"

He surrendered his hands. "I'm not going to hurt you."

"You can't just come back here nearly fifteen years later and tell me everything has been a lie! Peter would never join the death eaters, he fought against them and then you killed him because he knew you betrayed us!" her throat burned.

"I didn't. I didn't betray anyone, Air." Sirius closed his eyes, shaking his head, "He told you."

"No he didn't. I would know if he did-"

"He obliviated you," Remus said. "He told you the night before everything happened. He said that you were going to tell us and he couldn't let that happen. So... he took away the memory."

Aries stood shaking her head, tears prickling her eyes. "I don't believe you. You need to leave before I call the aurors."

"Aries-"

"Get out!" she screamed, pointing at the door. "Get out of my house, don't you ever come back here again!"

"Air-" Sirius started but Remus put a hand on his shoulder.

"Come on. We tried." he said, guiding him away.

"Please Aries, please believe me." Sirius whispered.

"Get out."

Sirius stared at his sister hopelessly before transforming back into his dog form.

"Sorry for disturbing you." Remus said, and with that the two left.

Aries let the tears fall, it couldn't be true.

She held onto her necklace, how could they come there and say that, she knew Peter and he would never have done anything to hurt anyone.

She heard the door unlock and Daisy's voice. She took a deep breath, wiped her face and walked into the hallway.

"Everything alright?" Leo asked.

"It's perfect." she lied, forcing a smile. "What do you fancy for dinner?"

__________________

This one kinda hurt to write tbh 😭😭

Hope you enjoyed

Please vote and comment 🌟

♈️