Chapter 58: Underwater

The morning had arisen, and Dream had woken up, seeing the others already awake and out for the day. George seemed up enough, although his smile did show a bit of tiredness. "Sleepy head, glad you are finally up-" Bad teased a bit, Sapnap jumping in.

"Man, this day is going odd for sure! First, George is the first one up-" Sapnap smirked at George who was writing something down in a notebook. "That never happens... and our usual early riser sleeps in until noon!" He smiled, walking up to George to ponder what he was writing before the older male slammed the book shut. "Is Georgie writing in his diary?"

"I am not-" George rolled his eyes, Dream noticing the bittersweet gaze they shared. "I'm working on a project. Something to keep me entertained-"

"Speaking of entertainment!" Bad cheerfully smiled, holding Rat in his arms. "One of the hermits said that they were working on a safe zone outside, and we could take Rat with us!" A smile so genuine and innocent, despite all of them knowing the innocence and bliss only lasted so long. "Would you guys like to come with us? I already asked Sapnap and he's going-"

Dream thought about it for a bit before noticing his hand started to twitch, the pendant growing warmer. "Uh... I think I'll stay back here- Techno sent some plans and wants me to go over them-" he gave a desperate look at George, praying to God that his eyes wouldn't turn white in front of the others.

"Dream, you need to liven up. You are a normal person, not the King. Just live a little!" Sapnap tried to convince the other to go with them on their endeavor. "What about you, George?"

"Um... I think I'll stay with Dream. I'm-" George paused, Dream knowing he was coming up with an excuse. "I have a headache-" Dream was thankful that George seemed to take the hint, looking down at his hands as the world seemed to blur ever so slightly and he started to shake. 'Not now, please! Not now,' he thought to himself, looking at George.

"Oh, okay-" Sapnap sighed before practically dragging Bad out of the room. "Come on! I want to go see what they had!" He smiled, Bad chuckling and they both exited the room.

Dream sighed as his vision blurred, colors blending in on each other. "Dream..." he could faintly hear George speak. "Describe what's happening, okay?"

"Distant," Dream mumbled, the heat of the pendant unbearable. Pain started to form as he held his head in his hands, a certain ringing in his ears. "It's like I'm being dragged to the back of my mind, George-"

"Does it hurt?"

Dream thought about it, how much pain started to swell in his head. Then, he looked up at George, the worried eyes staring back at him. Tears pooled his eyes, but he smiled at how the other male didn't seem to notice. "No," he lied, hardly being able to differentiate between the objects in the room. "I know I'm fighting it... but I don't want to fight it-"

"I know-" the sentences were being cut out but through it all, Dream could feel George's comforting presence through the ordeal. A few minutes of struggle and disorientation went by until Dream finally let himself go.

"Hello, George."

"Hello, Zayne."

Dream felt different, for he was no longer in control. He was trapped underwater, yet he never seemed to drown. A willingness to swim in the frigid waters, no water filling up his lungs. His vision felt clearer... as if he was watching his body go through life without him inside. An out-of-body experience so to speak.

The words shared between them were muffled but Dream could hear their conversation slightly, words only cut out occasionally. In front of him in the ocean of his mind, a single silver thread, the tips dripping with blood. The thread shimmering in the water, Dream reaching out and trying to swim to it.