Chapter 42: Doomsday

Dream looked up and heard the music come to an abrupt halt, seeing as the ever so familiar small sized fireballs hit the supporting beam on top of the stage, seeing as it all fell to the ground, surely crushing everyone who was performing. In the corner of his eye, he saw a person with dark hair up in a ponytail struggling, half of their body trapped under the beam.

"HELP THEM! HELP THEM!" A young woman shouted desperately as a few others tried to lift the beam and drag out whoever was still alive. Sighing in relief as he saw Sapnap rush through the crowd to help. If he was running headfirst to help, that meant he was still alive.

Seeing as everyone ran in chaos and panic, Dream holding George's hand as tightly as he could to not lose sight of the other. Watching stands and the ground start to catch fire, innocent people start to die the same way their adoptive mother had.

"Everyone, listen up!" Dream looked up and saw Prince Hercules up on his horse with Technoblade beside him riding Carl, shouting over the ocean filled with fear and demise. "Women and children must evacuate to the castle immediately! Strong men or anyone with medical experience, please stay to help or meet at town square for further instructions! Techno and the guards will start to direct evacuation!" Hercules instructed while Techo raised his right hand and directed the already feeling citizens of the country.

Dream looked at George and then at the familiar fire which rained down on once a happy land. Placing both of his hands on George's shoulders, staring at the other. How he hated fire, but there was no time to panic. He could break down later but now, it was time to prepare for the worst. "George, look at me. Go to the house and grab anything of value. I'll look for Bad and have him do the same. Get the horses if they are still alive, money, anything that we can't lose. Adoption paperwork, photos, memories. Anything you can salvage and get to the castle immediately."

George shook his head, looking around as one person bumped into the duo through the chaos, but Dream always kept a hand on George to not lose him. "I can't leave you! What are you going to do?" He yelled through the noise of the crowd, feeling Dream's grip tighten.

"You heard the prince; they need all the help they can get. Me and Sapnap will do the best we can. If you find Bad, you must tell him what I told you and have him go with you. We'll meet you guys at the palace, I promise." Dream gulped and saw George nod worriedly, before setting off and seeing the brown-haired male disappear in the crowd.

He sighed and climbed up one of the poles in the town square which held up a lantern, allowing him to search for anyone he recognized. Eyeing and looking across to where he saw a few other males doing the same as him. Climbing up on lampposts and searching for their loved ones.

Until he saw a skeleton skull fire down and hit a man who was on top, watching as his ribcage was exposed from the explosion. Blood spilling onto the ground as the man collapsed from the position to the ground, more shrieks and screams filling the air. Knowing those flying skulls all too well from the accident of three years ago.

"The Wither-" Dream felt himself shudder as he climbed down, finding himself running straight into the stands that were set ablaze, hurrying some people out and telling them the same things that the princes had instructed them to do.

Giving a quick nod, knowing him spending time trying to heal any injuries would only be a waste. That was not his specialty, Dream could leave that to the medics. Right now, his priority was making it to the town square to see what royalty had in mind to defend.

Trying not to breathe in the harsh air, which was filled with smoke, blocking any memories of pain from when he was a child. Making it to the town square on his own, no idea if anyone he knew was there or even alive. Head whipping back and forth, trying to find anyone of familiarity. Eyes searching until he saw a familiar tuff of brown hair.