🌺 CHAPTER TWENTY SIX🌺

Bắt đầu từ đầu

My eyes widened, realizing that Evan still held my hand, and I pulled it out of his hold. "I'll see you tomorrow.". I said to him, who for some reason, seemed to have been in a trance. He shook his head and looked up to stare at me. "Bye." He smiled.

"I can see my ship is sailing. What were you guys doing in there? I hope it's not what I'm thinking?!" Hannah teased.

I rolled my eyes at her and began to walk out of the school building. "What happened in there is nothing close to what you were thinking. We just escaped death.".

Hannah narrowed her brows at me. "What do you mean?".

"Don't worry, I'll tell you when we get home.".

                                  •°•°•
Seconds turned to minutes, minutes turned to hours, and before I knew it, it was the next day.

I would say I woke up at the right side of the bed this morning. No nightmares, no waking up sweating, or staring at my reflection in the mirror.

None of that happened today, and I was so happy.

I walked into the class room after waving goodbye to Jomafu and Jokpa, with Hannah tagging along.

I pushed the door open and stepped into the noisy classroom. I waved and smiled at Sara and Nnadzwa, who did the same and took my seat beside Evan.

It didn't feel right keeping malice with Nnadzwa and Sara, they were my friends after all, so I apologized to them last week, mostly to Nnadzwa. I did open up to them, I told them about the threat notes, but only the threat notes, and I told Noah as well.

"Talk to him, Ejiro." Hannah said, nudging me lightly on my shoulder. I groaned and stared at her.

"Hannah, for the last time, I do not like Evan.". I spat.

"That's the first step, denial. You guys are kinda close now, and you held hands yesterday.".

I stared blankly at Hannah. "Really? I spent up to fifteen minutes telling you what happened after school yesterday and how we had ran out of the class, away from the girl, and you're saying we held hands?!". I scoffed, and she just stared at me and shrugged.

I honestly have no idea why she started this. It began at the beginning of this week. Of course, Hannah had nothing to gist me about, so she probably decided to busy herself by shipping Evan and I, which is annoying by the way.

I spotted Noah walking towards my direction and I felt a nudge in the ribs. I snapped my head at Hannah and glared at her, rubbing my sides. "Ow!"

She ignored me instead, and bit her lower lip as she stared at Noah's figure approaching us. I sighed in annoyance and rolled my eyes.

One didn't need to be told or try to observe, just looking at her alone could reveal her crush on Noah, but yet, he seemed to be oblivious to it.

"Hey." He said, waving at us. Finally, he got closer to our seats and sat on my locker. Just then, a classmate of mine walked in in excitement.

"Teachers are having meeting!" He announced, and scurried into the class.

The class went wild at the announcement. Noah, being Noah, ran to his guy friends as they each did bro hugs and handshakes, and ruffled each other's hair.

I turned to look at Hannah who had her gaze focused on Noah. I covered my mouth and giggled.

Noah came back and sat back on my seat. "How far." He said, then turning to Hannah, he said the same thing and smiled at her.

"I'm good." She said, batting her eyelashes and beaming widely. I mentally made an eye roll.

Nnadzwa and Sara turned their heads around and smiled at me.