🌺 CHAPTER FIVE 🌺

We went through a line of classes before, finally, the bell was rung for lunch break.

With the list and my money shoved in my white mini bag I headed to the cafeteria.

"Ejiro." Came a voice from behind.

I stopped on my tracks and turned around, only to see a beaming Noah.

"Yes?" I answered.

"I've got tons of questions to ask you about girls" He breathed, placing an arm across my shoulders.

"Okay, shoot." I smiled.

"Number one" He started, holding a piece of paper with both hands. "Why is it harder for girls to resolve issues than boys?".

"Well, that's beca––".

"Number two. What is up with girls and playing hard to get for guys?" I chuckled.

"You see––".

"Number three. Do all girls think alike?" He asked.

"Number four. Why are girls so pretencious?". He continued, raising a brow."No offense.... ".

I looked at Noah perplexed. I couldn't understand why a guy like him would want to stress himself trying to understand us! Girls!

I had to agree with Nnadzwa. He had to be a girl to understand us.

Noah continued to read out the questions on the paper and I quickened my pace once l saw the double door to the cafeteria.

"....And finally, Number ten, why are there more girls interested in reading and writing books than boys?".

I opened the double door and made my way into the cafeteria with Noah behind me.

I stopped and turned around to look at Noah.

"I'm hungry so remind me later, I'll answer your questions, but first, observe the boys in your class and give me the answer to number ten, okay?" I asked.

He nodded in reply and walked away, writing something on the paper.

I walked over to the young lady again and brought out 400 naira from my mini bag.

I looked at the items displayed in front of me for a brief period of time.

"I'll take one meatpie, two sausage rolls, one cheeseballls and one RC" I smiled, satisfied with the choices I made.

Handing me the items I ordered, the lady gave me a warm smile and gave me my balance.

I thanked her for her service and skipped towards the table Nnadzwa and Sara were at, but it seemed someone had other plans to delay my journey.

"Excuse you?!" I yelled, as Sharon walked past me. She had bumped into me using her shoulder intentionally and hurt me.

With a smirk on her face, she slowly turned around.

"Did I do anything?" She smirked.

"Yes, you intentionally hit me while also 'bumping into me'" I air quoted.

"Really? Because it looked like you bumped into me". I rolled my eyes and decided to ignore her. I knew what she wanted, she intended to get back at me last time by embarrassing me in front of all the students in the cafeteria and starting a huge drama fest.

I sighed and walked away.

"Hey!" She yelled as I felt four hands drag me back. "We haven't finished this".

"Look, Sharon if this was because of the other day then sorry for stepping on your toe". I shrugged. I really didn't want to fight.

"Oh, this isn't about that anymore. You just need to learn to stay on your own lane. No one's ever dared to talk back at me before in this school, and you're not going to be the first". She snapped. "Right girls?".