5.

It was late and Harry was quite possibly very intoxicated. That had seemed to be the best idea when he was pacing around his tiny apartment only hours before. The older bartender had poured him numerous drinks, if Harry had to guess he'd say maybe...four? I mean, maybe five. Or seven. He really wasn't sure. He wasn't sure of anything actually. Like, he'd been in a relationship before and that had been the absolute worst experience of his life. Like, literally the worst. He couldn't even explain how shitty it was. He had kind of vowed to himself that never again, never again would he allow himself to be in any similar situation. He liked Mae. A relationship would destroy whatever they were. A relationship definitely wasn't in the cards. But Harry did know that, like, he wanted to kiss Mae more and he also really wanted to fück her? Just no relationship, if that was okay? After tossing a crumbled American bill on the bar top, he gulped down the rest of his drink and began the trek to Mae's SoHo apartment. He thought about pretty much the same content over and over again, though he still had no idea what he'd say to her. By the time his head accidentally hit her door instead of his fist, he was at a complete loss. It was like, almost midnight and when she opened the door she was really confused as to why Harry was at her door, using the frame to hold himself up.

"Harry, hi..."

"So...like...kissing you is somethin' like...dunno? Like, I want to do it again? Like a lot? And also...I know you probably like...shagged someone last night, and that's okay...but even though we're friends...I want to shag you? Like, I want to be your friend always but I also want to kiss you and shag you and protect you from the monsters, y'know?" Mae most likely resembled a statue. A voiceless, frozen being. 

"You want to kiss me..."

"A lot" Hiccup. "yeah."

"And you want to have sex with me?"

"I definitely want to have" Hiccup. "sex with you, yes."

"But you just want to be friends?"

"Nothing more." Hiccup. "Oh, and like, wanna protect you from the monsters." Mae had been terrified of an actual relationship ever since she watched her parent's crumble before her eyes.

"But...like...the other boys?"

"I don't care, like, don't wanna know about them. I just wanna be like your...safety. I want you to be safe with me, like, dunno...I'd be your friend who shags you and like, kisses you a lot and keeps you safe always." This seemed like a pretty swell deal so Mae did the only thing that she could think of because words were definitely not an option, okay? She kissed Harry. She kissed him hard enough that he almost fell over, but then he steadied himself and they moved inside. Mae's studio was tiny and like, the white wood floors and white walls seemed like they should have been cold but then she had candles burning and it smelled like cinnamon and vanilla and bananas and there were pretty firefly lights strung across the whole ceiling and it wasn't cold, it was really actually warm and Harry loved it. His eyes were only open momentarily before they were kissing again and the mattress was growing closer and closer. It wasn't as smooth as a movie hook-up looked, where the couple swiftly makes it to the bed or the kitchen table or counter or couch or whatever, like, Harry was still really drunk and Mae wasn't in the best state of mind so they were sloppy and they kept tripping over things, like, mainly Harry's baby giraffey legs and like...she tasted like cigarettes and he tasted like Bourbon and as strange as the combination was, as unappealing as it seemed, it worked. He liked the way her lips tasted like smoke and she liked the bitter taste of alcohol on his tongue and as he haphazardly tore her clothes away while simultaneously removing his, he couldn't help but think that this drunken decision was and would be a good one. Even in the morning. Harry's tattoo pun covered body levitated over Mae's as he positioned himself and when he was ready, his hands steadied themselves against the pipe in the wall. He thrusted into her quickly and fluently and she was actually like, pretty surprised, especially seeing as how he was such a damned klutz. The sex though, overall, was messy and rushed and they were anxious and impatient and the overwhelming desire that ached through their bodies was undeniable and kind of definitely crazy. But still good. Her nails raked down his taut back and his lips locked hungrily upon hers and he really hadn't realized how much he had needed this until now. Like, the feeling of her was something he'd never experienced before. He was definitely a little more than experienced when it came to to this sort of cardio, but Mae was different. Mae was warm when everything and everyone else was so fücking cold. Mae was his Spring and he was hers. He protected her from the monsters, even though he didn't really understand yet that he was one of them. And who was going to protect Harry from her? Cause, like, pretty people were the scariest monsters of them all.