4.

more wine, more more wine. probably gonna regret these past two chappies by tomorrow but honestly, yala (you always live again). love you loads xo.

p.s: this is dedicated to @rebecca_ashu ... I haven't forgotten about you, darling!

* * *

The one really important thing she realized upon waking up was that she was absolutely freezing. Borderline hypothermic seeing as how the apartment was actually glacial. The second really important thing was that she was alone. There was no naked Zayn. There was no naked anybody-well, there was a naked Mae, but that was it. After throwing on a cigarette fragranced sweater that was far too large on her and a pair of possibly dirty socks, she tiptoed out into the living area. Louis was sat on the couch, an Xbox controller in his hands. When he saw her, he paused the game and opened up his arms. She practically rushed into them and when she was securely curled against his side, he wrapped the fleece blanket around them. "So I see you guys went on without me last night."

"You were snoring, Louis."

"I was fücking beat, Mae."

"I can understand, coaster football must be exhausting." He laughed, though he really hadn't a clue what she was talking about. "Where is he?"

"Dunno, said he had shit to do. Told me to tell you to come to this party with us tonight." The game remained on pause as he reached over and grabbed his panda bear bowl that was sitting on the coffee table. After packing it with wëëd, he lit it up, inhaling deeply and exhaling slowly. Mae took it from him and did the same. The game was now completely forgotten as they passed the herbs back and forth. A proper high had overcome them and the room grew silent. Louis chewed on his lip as his eyes scanned over her. She was so damn pretty, he thought. Like, out of control pretty. She thought he was fücking attractive too, so like, the pull was there for sure. The minutes felt like hours but in what seemed like a blink of an eye, they were kissing and then the kissing turned into fücking and that's how Mae's morning went. Her afternoon too. She and Louis fücked and kept fücking but that's all it was. She thought that the term love making was highly inappropriate. They were just friends who fücked. Just like she and Harry were friends who kissed once. It didn't mean anything.

* * *

Harry was waiting for her in their newly appointed usual spot but she was a few minutes late. When she finally did show up, he was really focused on a game of Snake, like, he was really close to beating his high score. Mae had to wait for him to finish and when he finally died after earning three points more than his normal, he jumped up quickly, ready to exclaim his excitement...but then like, he remembered they were in the library. When he finally looked at her, like actually saw her, he saw the hair and it had to definitely be sex hair. It did look fücking good though. He'd give her that. "Weren't you wearing that yesterday?" She was still wearing Zayn's sweater, but like...her scarf and coat and jeans and boots were all the same and she cursed him out for being so observant. Now she felt ashamed because she literally totally sleazed it up the past few hours. First Zayn then Louis. Like, okay, normally it'd be normal but now there was this third party and his name was Harry and he was beautiful, but they were just friends, so Mae was left feeling utterly confused.

"What's it to you, nosy boy?" He shrugged. It all made sense now. Are we friends? She was asking for reassurance and he gave it to her. He fücking handed it to her on a silver platter with a parsley garnish on top.

"Someone was busy, I reckon." He played it off like it was cool. He didn't think it was very cool and he was feeling like, this weird sensation like...almost angry? It was a burning annoyance and pit in his belly that could only be identified as jealousy.

"Just with some friends." Some? More than fücking one? He suddenly didn't feel like studying anymore. He felt like taking a hot shower. Maybe a few hits to a punching bag. He wasn't angry at Mae though. He couldn't be, could he? He's the one who clarified the whole friends situation. This all could have been avoided, definitely. Just a friendly kiss, yeah okay. Harry knew now, thanks to the little green lad inside of him, he knew that he wanted to kiss Mae a lot more than once. He knew that maybe he wanted her to have sex hair because of him. He wanted Mae. He didn't want anyone else to want Mae, let alone have Mae. But they were just friends, so like, there was that. Without another thought, he stood up from the table. "What's wrong?"

"I have to go." Mae was really confused now.

"Where? Do you want me to come?"

"No. No...I just...I'll see you later, yeah?" Okay. Someone needed to explain to her what the hell was happening. Harry left while she was still trying to figure it out but then, like, she was alone. Which wasn't very cool.