I took a seat on the desk and watched the boys as the inspected my room with calculating eyes. Well, what was left of it. Their heads moved back and forth so quickly, I could hardly tell what they were looking at, but I knew they were inspecting- memorizing.

"So, this is really happening, huh." Leo said finally, cutting through the tense silence that blanketed the room with a heavy weight that felt almost physical. I nodded slowly, avoiding their gazes.

"When do you leave?" Donnie asked as he sat down on the mattress and I sighed, locking eyes with him as I did so.

"Tomorrow around ten in the morning. I don't have class for another few days but I don't want to be super jet lagged- you know how that song and dance goes." he nodded and then looked away, sucking his lips into his mouth.

"Hey, (y/n)?" I looked over at Mikey, who was inspecting my closet doors, sticking his fingers in between the slots and the dusting off his fingers. Upon my hum of recognition, he stopped and turned to me with an extremely serious look on his face.

"Yes, Mikey?" I gulped down the lump in my throat and smiled as best I could at him.

"Where are you going?" there was silence for a second before everyone started yelling at once.

"Mikey, you idiot!"

"Have you really not been paying attention this whole time?"

"Mikey, there's a reason we bully you. There really is."

I giggled. The boys stopped when I suddenly burst out into a fit of laughter, chuckles racking my entire body.

"Do- do you remember that time it was my birthday," the boys, intrigued with what I was saying, all sat down and listened eagerly as I continued giggling, struggling to explain my story. "I can't remember what all was going on but my boyfriend had just broken up with me and someone had killed my dog and left a stupid note? And Raph called me telling me to go down to the lair and when I got there, you were all hiding behind the couch, yelling at Mikey?" their faces lit up with recognition and they began laughing too, also attempting to relive parts of the story.

"Mikey, no-" Raph laughed, pointing at his younger brother.

"Mikey, yes-" said turtle burst out, giggling madly.

"You're gonna ruin it for her!" Leo cackled.

"I'm making it better! Look, three!" Mikey started counting.

"Stop!" Donnie mocked.

"Two!" Mikey continued.

"Mikey-" Raph noogied his brother.

"One-" Mikey pushed Raph off of him.

"Mikey no!" all the boys shouted playfully as Mikey pretended to jump up, striking a pose.

"Happy birthday, (y/n)!"

~When it gets hard, you know it can get hard sometimes.~

"What about the time Mikey broke the heater?" Raph suddenly shot up, eyes wide as he relived the memory.

"Oh, my gosh!" I screeched as I threw a pillow at said turtle's head, who only apologized profusely as his brothers also revenged for me. "But you guys aren't innocent either! You just watched me freeze with your little heating blankets you traitors!" they all gasped and Mikey giggled behind them.

"Hey, do you still have the clothes we gave you?" Leo asked gently and I smiled, nodding.

"I'm wearing all of y'alls things on the plane tomorrow. Leo's sweatshirt, Raph's sweats, Donnie's beanie, and Mikey's blanket. I'm gonna look ridiculous but regardless, I'm gonna keep that stuff with me forever." I smiled and they all did the same.