Raph x reader x Donnie

Start from the beginning

Raph stared at his brother with wide eyes and comically pursed lips as he pushed his fingers against each other.

"Um, she's my best friend?" He ended the sentence on a high note, showing Leo that he was, in fact, lying. Plus, it was obvious from the beginning that Raph wasn't a very good liar. That and Leo knew his brother like the back of his hand- he'd already figured out his problem.

"You like her, don't you?"

I should just tell him, right? I mean, it would be a good way to get my massive crush off my shoulders, and plus- or minus- I'd also be able to know how he feels about me. That was a good thing, right?

It should've been.

Instead, as I was silently hyping myself up, I slowly walked past the dojo, where Leo and Raph were inside, having a heated discussion across from each other on the floor. Upon seeing me, they quieted and turned to me with wide eyes.

"Uh, hi?" Leo sent me a sheepish grin and Raph put a hand up to his face, hiding it. I furrowed my eyebrows and waved, avoiding their awkward gazes as I continued on, making a full circle around the lair before finally walking up to Donnie's lab door.

"Hey, Donnie? Sorry, I just needed to-" I knocked and slowly pushed aside the door, not knowing what to expect as I glanced around the massively dim-lit room.

It certainly wasn't April leaning against Donnie as she kissed him, his eyes still wide open as he stared down at her. I couldn't see her face as her back was towards me, but I could tell that she was melting into his body, probably extremely happy for herself.

I wish I could say the same.

"Oh, hey, (y/n)." Donnie gently pushed April off of him and cleared his throat as he gave me an awkward smile. April turned around and smiled at me with a light red blush over her face.

"Oh, I'm sorry- I didn't know. I would've waited if you needed to ask him something?" April genuinely looked sorry, but not in the, "I'd known that you'd liked him so I did this on purpose" sense. It was the actual, "I didn't know you were in here so I kissed him- sorry if it was awkward" thing.

They didn't know I liked him.

They didn't know.

I couldn't blame them.

Instead, I just pushed a smile onto my face and held my eyes open so I wouldn't cry. "I just came to say bye. I'm leaving and I'll see you two later? And I'm really happy for you, too." They both grinned at me and waved as I turned and began walking out of the room, bumping into Raph on my way out as he'd began walking in.

"Woah- (y/n)?" I'd begun crying as soon as I turned, so he was obviously able to see the tears on my face, a heartbroken look on my face as I shoved past him.

"(Y/n), wait!" He shouted desperately as he turned after me, but not following. Turning around, he froze when he saw Donnie with his arm around April as they looked on worriedly.

"Hey, Raph. What did you do to her?" Donnie joked weakly while April gently slapped his plastron in a manner that told him that what he had just said wasn't appropriate.

"It's not what I did." He left the two confused as he ran out of the room with nothing but pure anger burning through his veins.

I walked down the street with tears still running down my face as I hurriedly made my way to my apartment. After seeing Donnie and April, I had left without telling anyone bye- except the ironically happy couple, and I hadn't even meant to do that. It was an ironic thing of me to say as I hadn't even wanted to say bye to either of them.