53- CAT AND MOUSE GAME

Rain fell that night, hard drops of raining falling onto Gotham, accompanied by spontaneous dances of lighting across the sky and the occasional boom of thunder.

It was a xerox of the first night. Deja vu of the night that had started it all, an exact carbon copy as if fate itself had determined for things to remain.

All the same, patient was the night.

Standing alone at the entrance of the Gotham pier the Joker felt a more increasing and inevitable feeling of loneliness, it was the greatest spout of loneliness he had ever felt.

His eyes wandered past the metal gate, behind the iron led to the reception house, a small pit stop to the led to the enormous factory, the factory was enclosed around the sea and quite far from the inner Gotham city.

The gate was open slightly, it was calling him in, beckoning him forward.

Behind the door was the unknown, one push of the door would lead him into a world he knew nothing of, that he had no control over.

There was No Bruce, there was no Ivy, there was no Harley. It was just him. He was truly alone.

Let's hope this is over with quickly.

The Joker held an umbrella over his head, stopping the rain from dousing him. As he walked towards the pier gate, each step felt like his freedom was being taken away.

His knuckles were fleshly white, the veins pulsating slowly, he'd been gripping the umbrella tightly. He stopped right in front of the gate, one push and he'd be inside. The Joker's hand hovered over the gate.

"I can't believe I'm doing this." He whispered.

I can't believe I'm doing this again.

The gate creaked opened and inside stepped the Joker, the reception room was darkly light, it was compacted as if squeezed together by force.

There were three windows in the room, the three windows in the room were boarded up with wood, the faint smell of cigarettes lingered in the room. There was only one flickering light, that threatened to go off at any second.

The joker's breathe caught in his throat. The mere silence was killing him.

His first instinct was to scan the room, his eyes scarcely gazing around. eventually, he landed on the inevitable, there was a desk, behind the desk sat someone, squinting back at him in the darkness.

The teenager gulped, he slowly, put down his umbrella, the nerves in his hands were triggered, as he tried to unhook it.

Why am I so scared? He questioned, the idea dawned in his mind as he realized that his feet refused to move, they were dead weight. His eyes fell to the floor gazing at his momentarily paralyzed feet.

Move! He screeched in his head, turning back isn't an option. Though it was easier said than done

"What are you waiting for?" The voice behind the desk boomed.

The Joker's head shot up fearfully, he was sure the person behind the desk could feel the naked his naked fear, if not smell it.

Please just move, the teenager begged, his muscles were resistant to his command, they were negating everything he did.

If not for me, do it for them! He ushered, bargaining with his own psyche.

It took a while but Relcunatly but the Joker's feet began to move, small shuffling movements at first. Teeth chattering, Joker approached the desk.

There he was greeted by a woman, middle-aged with long black hair that fell into bangs over her eyes, despite the narrow and triangular shape of her eyes, they were wide, completely gawking at the teenager as he had entered, the smile on her face had only widened as she saw him.