Chapter 3

It's very misty tonight, which is a good thing. I drive across the bridge to the back of the woods. I parked my motorcycle at the lake behind the bushes, so nobody expected anyone to be there. There was an entrance to an empty train station. I picked up a scent of where the werewolves were.

I went in, hidden in the shadows, making sure I was out of sight. A couple of guards were guarding the front. I noticed the UV electric-powered net, which is a vampire trap, expanded on the entrance. Luckily, I'm the only vampire who's able to pass it in the blink of an eye. I teleported myself through the trap. I remained in the shadows, to avoid being seen. Furthermore, I spotted another guard. Stupid werewolf! Sleeping on the job, huh. Another trap, this time it's a tripwire from another entrance. On the left-hand side, I see an enormous pickaxe hanging from the ceiling and steel daggers at the top of the ceiling. I walk cautiously, not to fall into traps. Another entrance was open, and this time, there were groups of werewolves standing in a straight line. My guess is they're waiting for their Alpha. Speaking of the devil...

"Arise, my pack!" Zack remains alive, huh. "We have a great deal to discuss. Vampires have grown stronger. They have new recruits, and they are properly trained and organized. We have more power than these pale-blooded beasts! We must not grow weak!"

How can this be prevented? Those soldiers are brilliant fighters! They're not so easily killed! They've already killed a thousand of us!

"I am aware that they may not be able to kill, which is why we are looking for the pureblood vampire." What? Why are they looking for the pureblood vampire? For years we have been studying the vampires' and werewolves' bloodlines. Our theory is that we can use their blood and turn the pack into hybrids." Hybrids? That's not possible! "All we have to do is find the last pureblood vampire if he/she still exists in this world."

"How is it possible to combine both bloodlines?"

"Ladies and gentlemen, this is Dr. Sawyer." Sawyer, tell the pack about the bloodline.

"As you are aware, for years we have been studying both kinds. I've been studying both the vampire and the werewolf's blood to find a way to create a hybrid. We were using humans as test subjects. Injecting them with vampire blood and werewolf blood all at once. We knew very little about it, the results were negative. We then turned them into werewolves to see if we injected the blood of a vampire would make any difference as they are already turned." So that's why they've kidnapped the humans. Once more, another result turned out to be negative. We do not know why these tests were still negative as we tried for years. We even hunted down the descendants. But after that, I understood. I came up with a new theory. Turning humans into vampires and werewolves will not work, but only a pureblood vampire can turn someone into a hybrid." Purebloods? I remember the stories I heard from Cilas. They were once Kings and Queens of the Underworld. They are the first-born vampires that did not mate with humans, which is why we call them purebloods. They were supposed to be protagonists, the strongest, the smartest, the bravest of them all. But the purebloods have been hunted down and exterminated by both vampires and the werewolves. They were purely evil Cilas explains. They massacred their own kind and even the werewolves. It's gotten to the point that vampires and werewolves decided to work together and overthrow them. But it's been ages. I doubt they're even alive!

"A pureblood? So you're saying if we find the pureblood vampire, we can use its blood and turn ourselves into a hybrid?"

"That's correct."

"With the blood of pureblood, we will be invincible!" Zack stated. The werewolves began chanting and howling. This is bad! If they truly succeed in developing a hybrid, we will all die! I retreated carefully, so I ought to escape. Instead, I bump into someone. I turned around, and it was a guard.

"You! Vamp-" I snapped her neck and thoroughly carried her. I knew if I left her out there, they'd expect a spy there. Luckily there was an open cliff, so it might look like an accident as soon as I dump the body. I escaped as quickly as I ought to and drove back to the hideout.

I couldn't stop thinking about the purebloods who had been exterminated a long time ago. Could it be possible that one could still exist in this generation? Again, I don't think there's any possibility of finding them. What would Cilas do if we find the pureblood? As I walked into the building, I immediately went to the throne. While I was walking in, Cilas was reading something on the scroll. I bowed and spoke.

"Cilas!"

"Leon?"

"Yes, it is I Cilas." He studied my facial expressions because clearly, I'm stunned. "What have you heard?"

"The werewolves are planning something. Something big......something we cannot fight against!" I said.

"What are you talking about?"

"They discovered a means of creating a powerful weapon. A weapon capable of destroying us."

"A weapon? To destroy us? Leon, we have new recruits that are powerful and well trained! The only thing that can kill us is the UV lights and the sun!"

"Not this creature," Cilas' expression modified to be puzzled.

"A creature? What creature has a chance of destroying us all?" He grunted.

"If the werewolves find a pureblood vampire, they'll use the blood and turn their pack into a hybrids." Cilas' jaw dropped like no tomorrow. His expression modified into anger. He's definitely about to lose his shit. Usually when Cilas gets this way he disappears for days and I'm left to run things.

"A hybrid! Impossible!" Cilas was disbelieving. "This can't be true!" He shouted and the scroll went flying across the room.

"All they have to do is find the pureblood vampire and use a werewolf to host the vampire's blood," I said. Cilas began to smash everything he saw and shouted from the top of his lungs.

"Impossible! All the purebloods were exterminated a long time ago! There's no way one can survive after all of these years! We must stop them before that happens! Gather the soldiers in the main alley!" I emerged from the throne room and ordered the soldiers in the main alley. Cilas was standing in the center of the stage along with the Blood Legions. He points his finger at me to come.

"We've got a problem!" Something bad is going to happen! Cilas explains my quest to find useful information about werewolves and what they're up to. Everyone gasped.

"Impossible!"

"It is impossible!"

"How would they know combining a pureblood's blood in their system would work? All the pureblood vampires are dead!" One of the soldiers questioned.

"There can be no such thing! Unless we have a traitor who has mated with a werewolf!" This soldier is right, but this is different when it comes to scientific experiments.

"You're right, though, we're talking about a scientific experiment on the blood of both kinds! All they have to do is find a pureblood-born vampire to become a hybrid." I explained.

"If their theory works that a pureblood can host any of our kinds, we are in grave danger!" Cilas said. We have to stop 'em before it's too late! Track every werewolf that attempts to capture a human! If you ever run into a pureblood, kill them!"

Orders are orders but something deep down inside me feels different! Something about this just doesn't sit well with me. Killing a pureblood is like killing me!