Back to You

Kinda a backstory: You and Arny used to be together, but you broke up for whatever reason, you decide lol. You start dating someone new but they are trash and one night Arny shows up at your house but he's there.

Warnings: Angst, Fluff at the end, gets a Lil steamy but not full-on smut. 

Enjoy!

How could I let it get this bad? Here I am, it's three and I have yet to go to sleep. My boyfriend passed out on the couch, beer bottles surrounded the area. Now, I know what your thinking, this guy is literal trash. And if I'm honest, he is. He has been one of the worst mistakes of my life. I was looking for comfort. For anyone that could fill the void. Could you blame me? I'm only human. I needed someone to be there for me. Should I have waited longer? Absolutely. Thanks to my desperate, insatiable heart I am stuck with this douchebag that dares to call himself a man. 

He stirred in his sleep, and I looked at him intently. Arny would've never treated me like this, I thought. But it's not fair that I compare him to others. Besides, we're not together anymore, so why should it matter? I try to push the thought aside, but I can't. I missed Arny and I can't deny it. He treated better than anyone out there. He was my person and I loved him with my whole heart. Why did I ever let him go?

A knock on the door brought me back to reality. I walked to the door and opened it, my breath catching in my throat as I saw the person standing before me.

"Hi," Arny whispered, scratching the back of his neck.

"Hi," I replied, still in shock.

"Can I come in?" he asked, shivering from the January cold.

"Yeah, you must be freezing. Come on," I said, letting him in. 

He made his way inside, stopping dead in his tracks as his eyes fell upon the sleeping man on the couch.

"Shit," he cursed to himself. "Actually, I should go."

"No, please don't go," I pleaded. It had been months since the last time I saw him, I was not about to let him go that quickly. "Let's go to my room."

He nodded, following me up the stairs and into my bedroom. Closing the door behind me, I walked over to my bed, sitting down beside him. 

"You're seeing someone?" he asks coldly. 

"Yes."

"That hurts," he admits, looking down at his hands.

"I know, I'm sorry. I was hurt and I needed someone," I explained. "That's still not a good enough excuse, but it's the truth."

"Don't worry, I did the same thing." 

"You did?" I said, a pang of jealousy hitting my chest. 

"Yeah, we were never officially together, but it happened," he said.

"That hurts," I whispered just as he had moments ago. "So, why are you here?"

"I wanted to talk to you."

"About?" I urged.

"I love you," he declared, looking into my eyes. 

I stared at him, taken aback by his words. 

"I missed you so much. Leaving you was the worst mistake of my life and I'll be damned if I let you go again," he cried. 

"I love you too," I mumbled, smiling. "You have no idea how much I've missed you."

He leaned closer to me, his face inches from mine. Just as our lips were about to touch I turned my head avoiding his kiss. 

"I shouldn't," I stated. "We shouldn't."

"Then tell me to stop," he urged. His hands cupped my cheeks, eyes staring right into my soul. He began to lean in once again. "If we shouldn't, then tell me to stop."

His lips pressed themselves softly onto mine, and this time I didn't fight back. I melted under his touch, finally being able to feel his lips on mine again.

"I can't," I said, backing away reluctantly. "I should break up with him first. I'd feel too guilty if anything happened."

"Is he worth it?" he asked.

"Arny, I can't just-"

"Answer the question. Is he worth it?" he repeated.

"Fuck no," I said, smashing my lips to his once again. He pushes me down onto the bed slowly, hovering above me. He kisses every inch of my face, trailing down my neck. 

"Don't ever leave me again," I gasped.

"Never. God, I love you," he said in between kisses. "No matter what, I'll always come back to you."

"Same here," I said. "I love you too much to ever let you go."

The two of us stayed up, whispering soft 'I love you's' to each other, wrapped in the sheets as our bodies molded perfectly together. Watching the sunrise with our arms entangled in a warm embrace. Never had I felt so loved by someone. And now, he was mine forever.