CHAPTER 19 ✿

°.✩┈┈∘*┈˃̶୨୧˂̶┈*∘┈┈✩.°

BOTH YOU AND TANJIRO JUMP DOWN THE HOLE IN THE ROOF, SLASHING AT THE MEATY TENDRILS.

you look around as a large crack of thunder is heard, looking up to the sky you tilt your head,

it doesn't look like it's going to storm..

you shake your head and jump forwards, slashing a tendril that was about to reach a sleeping woman.

"hmm! so this is what happened while i was dozing? i can't believe it!"

you breathe out in quiet relief as rengoku's boisterous voice hurries into the cart a bit away.

"some hashira i am! if there were a hole... i'd hide in it!"

you glance at tanjiro, he doesn't seem to be able to hear it.

you gasp quietly as the cart shakes, sending you and tanjiro rolling backwards.

you both look back, "kamado! tamaki!"

you blink in shock, rengoku was leaning over the both of you.

"rengoku-san!" you both shout, you grin happily.

"to come this far, i had to do some really precise blade-work.. so i think the demon's need some time to regenerate. but there's no time to spare, so i'll make it quick! the train has eight cars, me and you, tamaki, can defend five! that yellow boy and your sister will defend the remaining three! you and inogashira keep an eye on those three cars as you search for the demons head!"

"it's head?! but right now this demon is-" tanjiro shouts, "whatever shape it takes, as long as it's a demon, it's got a vital spot somewhere!" rengoku interrupts getting right into tanjiro's face.

"we'll look for it while we fight. now, hop to it!"

you wave cheerily to tanjiro before dashing off with rengoku who left with a trail of flames following short behind.

°.✩┈┈∘*┈˃̶୨୧˂̶┈*∘┈┈✩.°

words ; 299

date posted ; 09/04/22

©_behindyou_