CHAPTER 17 𖤍

˚ꍈ*。˚⁺̥̣̣͙̊˚*º̣̣̣̣̥̣̣̥͙*˚⁺̥̣̣͙̊˚xoxo˚⁺̥̣̣͙̊˚*º̣̣̣̣̥̣̣̥͙*˚⁺̥̣̣͙̊˚。*ꍈ゚

BOTH YOU AND TANJIRO GASP, FALLING BACK SLIGHTLY AS A BLACK-HAIRED GIRL SWINGS A SORT OF KNIFE AT YOU BOTH.

you shield nezuko as you step back, narrowing your eyes at her.

"don't interfere! because of you, he won't let us dream!"

you put your hands on your hips, "well, sorry girlie. but that's not really our problem"

suddenly three other people stand up, holding the same weapon in their hands and with angered looks on their faces.

"and what are you doing?! if you're awake, help out!" the girl with black haired screams out to another frail looking male. he was sitting on the floor and looked rather distraught, yet calm. he had tears streaming down his face and was slowly standing up.

was he in tanjiro's dream?

"i don't know about your tuberculosis or whatever.. but if you don't do your job.. i'll tell him so he doesn't let you dream!"

you narrow your eyes at the angry girl, but jump to the side slightly as someone else swings at you.

it was a girl with long mauve hair, tied into a slick ponytail on the top of her head. her blue eyes narrowing dangerously at your yellow ones.

you cross your arms, "so it was you in my dream, huh? so not cool"

she rolls her eyes with a click of her tongue,

rude

"sorry. but we have to go fight" tanjiro says shortly, glimpsing at you for a second.

you nod in understanding, within a second all four of the attackers were passed out on the floor.

"you want to stay in a happy dram, right?" tanjiro says to the male who was in his dream, "i understand.i wanted to stay in my dream too"

you look to the side.

"are you all right?" tanjiro asks him.

the man smiles, all the tears dried up. "thank you. and be careful"

you grin and do finger guns at him, he sweat drops.

"yup!" tanjiro says brightly.

you wave to him as both you, tanjiro, and nezuko following shortly behind, run out of the cart.

when you all reach the outside, tanjiro stops, "pee-yew!" he covers his nose in disgust.

you look out the cart, seeing the faint outline of a body through the mist.

you flip yourself up onto the train, holding your cloak securely in place. tanjiro follows shortly after, "nezuko! stay there!! it's too dangerous! go wake everyone up!"

she nods worriedly, you look towards the front of the train.

tanjiro nods to you and you nod back, both running in the direction of the front cart.

as you reach closer, you see a demon facing backwards. you both pause and he turns to you, you narrow your eyes at him.

he has short black hair with two longer bits hanging out, coloured at the ends. he also has teal-blue eyes with 'lower one' engraved. you frown. he was wearing a sort of suit.

he waves to you both, "oh, you're both awake?" he smiles carelessly.

"good morning."

you look to the sky, "actually, it's night time"

the demon ignores you, "you should have stayed asleep. i was showing you both such a good dream"

you frown. he turns to tanjiro, "you should thank me. i could've shown your family being slaughtered" - he then turns to you - "and i think i gave you a pretty nice dream, too. don't be ungrateful"

tanjiro looks at him, slightly shocked.

he turns to tanjiro again, "next time, shall i show you your father coming back to life?"

your frown deepens.

tanjiro unsheathes his katana, "you can't go stomping around in people's hearts! you won't get away with this!"

you grin and unsheathe your katana also.

water breathing, tenth form : constant flux!

the demon grins, holding his hand out and revealing a second mouth on the back of his hand. you grimace.

blood demon art.. whispers of forced unconscious hypnosis

"go to sleep..~" the hand whispers out.

you half grimace before falling asleep, though snapping back awake just a second after with a simple slice to the neck.

you both run forward, the hand whispering out 'sleep' every few seconds, with the demon getting more aggravated each time you both snap out of it.

you fall asleep again, yet this time you weren't in your house like usual. you were in a busy street, dozens of people gathered around a scene.

you frown and push forwards, through the large group of people. people start to point and whisper at you, your frown deepens and you push forwards faster, at this point not even caring if you hurt someone.

you get to the front, only to freeze right in your place, eyes wide and hands shaky.

lying on the floor just  few feet ahead of you was your other half, beaten and bloodied. wings dishevelled and eyes shut, limp and non responding.

you go to cry out, but shake your head.

no, this is just a nightmare

you slice your neck again, snapping your eyes back open in a rage, "my family.. would never say that!!" tanjiro shouts.

"do not insult..!!" tanjiro jumps up, katana raised. ".. my family!!!"

he brings his katana down, slicing the demon's head off it's body

˚ꍈ*。˚⁺̥̣̣͙̊˚*º̣̣̣̣̥̣̣̥͙*˚⁺̥̣̣͙̊˚xoxo˚⁺̥̣̣͙̊˚*º̣̣̣̣̥̣̣̥͙*˚⁺̥̣̣͙̊˚。*ꍈ゚

words ; 784

ended it here cause i gotta eat dinner-

date posted ; 23/03/22

©_behindyou_