CHAPTER 5 ☻

"Your Training starts now. Go run up that mountain and back down 15 times. No using those wings of yours"

You sweat nervously, "alright!" And you dash off outside and up the mountain.

LONG STORY SHORT, YOUR TWO YEARS OF TRAINING WERE EXCRUTIATING.

You were the number three hero, so why was this training so difficult?

To be fair, Sanemi was probably the harshest hashira, so you got no breaks.

But you could tell these people, were far stronger than people in the future.

Why did we get so weak in the future?

You would wonder.

But you could tell, over the two years, you had gotten extremely stronger, more agile, and your senses have been raised to the max.

Sanemi had even agreed to make you his Tsuguko, you had far surpassed his expectations.

Final Selection was coming much faster than you had imagined, two days was all you had.

"Tch, come on. We're going to be training extra hard so you don't be a dumbass and die during final selection"

You do finger guns at him, "whatever you say, Shinanzugawa-sensei"

"Tch, call me Sanemi" he mutters.

You raise an eyebrow, "What was that?"

"Dammit, I said call me Sanemi!" he shouts with a tint of pink on his cheeks.

You grin, "Alright! Call me [name], then"

He hands you a wooden sword, "Now, time for training. 10000 swords wings, go!"

YOU SLAP YOUR FACE AS YOU STAND AT THE ENTRANCE OF THE FINAL SELECTION

You couldn't help but be nervous, demons were nothing like villains, after all.

You were wearing white hakama pants and a grey shirt.

Sanemi had stated very clearly, "If you come back with a speck of dirt on you, I won't let you be my tsuguko"

So you would make sure to look just how you did when you left.

You were also wearing a large black cape Sanemi had gifted you himself.

It was large enough to cover your wings, you had agreed to only use them on missions by yourself, as long as there were no surrounding people.

You take a deep breath as you walk up the stairs, silently admiring all the wisteria flowers.

You can do this, [name]

You survey all the other people there, taking a guess at who would survive and who wouldn't.

There were a few people mostly dressed the same, and with pretty boring hair, but five people in particular had caught your eye.

One was a boy with yellow hair, he was muttering about how he was going to die and was wearing a yellow to orange haori with white triangles on it. He seemed like he was stronger than he looks.

Another was a boy with burgundy red hair and had similar coloured eyes, he had a scar covering the left side of his forehead and he was wearing hanafuda earrings. He also had on a cloud design haori.

There was also a girl and she had medium-length black hair and she had it in a side ponytail with a pink and green butterfly clip holding it. She was wearing clothing similar to yours, except in pink and purple, she had pretty purple eyes and was playing with the butterflies. You could take a guess and say she's a tsuguko like you.

There was one more, a boy standing on the side and he was wearing a boar head and was shirtless. He had navy blue pants and a brown loincloth around it. He seemed like a pretty proud guy.

The final one was a boy with a black mohawk, he had an overall rough look and had a scar running from his ear to his nose. He looked pretty familiar, but you couldn't place a finger on why.

You place a hand behind your head and wait for it to start.

"GREETINGS, EVERYONE"

Your eyes turn to the children at the front as they start to talk.

"Thank you for gathering tonight for Final Selection. Mount Fuji Kasane holds demons that demon-slayer swordsmen have taken alive and trapped here. Demons hate wisteria flowers, which bloom here even out of season. They cover the mountain from its foot to halfway up the slope." they both say.

"However from that point on, the wisteria does not bloom. So the demons roam free. You must survive there for seven days. If you do, then you will have passed Final Selection. Now go"

And with that everyone had rushed off into the mountain, while you just walked behind them all.

Once everyone was out of sight, you had started to jog slightly in search for demons.

If i'm gonna pass this, then I'm going to kill a few demons on my way!

words ; 848

date posted ; 24/01/22

©_behindyou_