Chapter 27: "Don't fuck it up."

Start from the beginning

She leaned towards me and cupped my face, "it's pleasant to hear you speaking formally."

"Just like I said, a day with your kind has taught me how to speak normally with you," I said teasingly.

"That's not how I usually speak. I only speak formally towards my family," Joy smirked at me. She wiped her face before taking a deep breath, "can you say something that I don't know to calm me down?"

"I might have an idea," I said as I recalled last night about the truth or dare, "remember how I was dared to compliment you? Well, your ears aren't the only exciting thing," I said as I took her hand and held it dearly, "you have the most beautiful eyes I've ever laid on. You have the softest skin I've ever touched. You have the smoothest hair I've ever felt. Last but not least, you have the sweetest lips I've ever tasted."

I saw her face flustered as she looked away to hide it, "I said, something that I don't know."

I smiled at her remarks and brought her face closer to me and leaving our lips an inch away from each other, "you sure are something," I said, and I proceeded to lean closer and peck her lips, "that's a good luck kiss for you."

"Thank you," Joy gave me a genuine smile which made her glow. I love it when she's happy.

"Joy, we'll be starting in a half-hour," a voice interrupted us, and we parted from each other in awkward.

"Yes, thank you, Jane. I'm right behind you," Joy said to the girl, leaving us alone. She stood up and spoke before leaving the room, "one thing. Jane is my assistant. You're my manager, whose job is to be by my side."

"That's literally what an assistant does," I said, laughing, and she left with Jane. I went around the changing screen and approached Maggie while looking at herself, "Maggie, can I say something before you go?"

"Go ahead," she said without looking at me and still looking at herself in the mirror.

"Don't fuck it up, please," I pled, and she finally turned her head to look at me.

"Don't worry. I was born for this," she said as she dramatically returned to the mirror.

"Break a leg," I said, patting her back and leaving the room.

***

THIRD P.O.V

Narrator: This plot took place in the present but in a kingdom. Aurora, the daughter of the king of the country, has to give up on her dreams to explore the whole world because the king told her to marry a prince from another country, but then she falls in love with her gardener, who will change the princess's life and free her from the king.

* Scene 1: In the bedroom

Aurora is lying down on her head, and she is deep inside her thoughts. The king's words keep replaying inside her thoughts.

"you will marry Prince Leo, and don't ever think of running away."

Aurora sighed, "Anyone, please help me from this nightmare," she muttered to herself while combing her silky hair.

A knock on the door startled Aurora as a voice followed, "Aurora, are you asleep?" it was the king, "may I come in."

"Yes, you may, father," Aurora answers and goes to the door and opens it. The King went inside her room and sat on the edge of the bed. Aurora sat beside the king, looking confused, "what's seems to be the problem, father?"

"Nothing. I was checking up on you since you made a scene when I told you you'd be marrying Prince Leo," the king answered.

Aurora sighed, "I'm fine, father. I'm just trying to comprehend the news."