N+1

Grif: Simmons, what are we looking for?

Simmons: Power cells, batteries, anything.

Alex: We have to hurry!

Grif: How is a power cell different from a battery?

Simmons: Grif, this is not the time!

Delta: Power cell located!

Simmons: It's kind of old I don't know how long it will hold up.

South: We may need weapons to.

Explosion, followed by pistol shots

Sarge: Hey, did you hear that?

South: Yes. Who wouldn't hear gunshots?

Alex: Let's go!

Simmons: Yeah... I did... Come on Grif, let's go!

Grif: Aren't we supposed to run away from explosions?

The Reds, Caboose Ava, Will, and Tucker race outside just as an explosion sends Church crashing into the snow in front of them.

Church: Ow!

Sarge: What happened?

Church: The Meta... there...

South: I thought you crushed him.

Sarge: And I was afraid we wouldn't get to kick a little ass today! Come on, fellas!

Tucker: Caboose! Stay with Church!

Caboose: Okay.

Tucker: And try not to kill him by accident!

Caboose: Okay!

Alex: Let's kick ass.

Will: Here we go.

The Meta opens fire and Wash dives aside to avoid the hit. The Meta charges towards him, Brute Shot blade raised, but Wash whips out his knife and parries the blow. He then slices him in the shoulder but the Meta cloaks himself and ducks aside. Wash stops and glances around the field. He spots the snow being shifted in one side and throws the blade towards the movement. As it hits, the Meta uncloaks with a roar of pain. Wash raises his battle rifle and opens fire, but the Meta shoots a grenade out and sends Wash flying back under the Warthog. Suddenly, the Reds and Tucker Will, and Ava come charging in.

Sarge: Attack!

Delta: There is a 19 percent chance of survival!

Will: Charge!

South: Kill him!

Simmons: Get him!

Grif: (terrified) We're gonna fuckin' die!

As they charge, the Reds Will, Ava and Tucker open fire, but the Meta slams his hand into the ground, summoning a domed energy shield around him that blocks the explosions. He then leaps out through an opening at the top and fires at Grif  Will and Tucker who quickly roll out of the way. Simmons then raises his rocket launcher up and fires at the Meta.

Simmons: Fire in the hole!

Delta: 13 percent chance of hitting.

The Meta nimbly flips over the rocket and crashes down in front of Simmons, slicing his launcher in half with the brute shot blade. Before the Meta could grab Simmons Tucker takes out his sword and swings it at the Meta, but he blocks the blow and knocks him aside. Sarge raises his shotgun and fires, but the Meta blocks that as well. South fires at the Meta who turns and swings down South steps back and her rifle is sliced in half and the blade is stuck in the ground Alex charges and punches the meta with his robot arm the meta lets go of the brute shot and stumbles back south jumps forward and punches the meta who grabs South and throws her back.In a rare act of bravery, Grif suddenly pounces onto the Meta's back and grabs him by the neck, throwing him off-balance.