54. Flesh To Flesh

Start from the beginning

What...?

"H-How?" Jimin was perplexed, not able to digest the information chucked at him.

"A sharp blow to my head is what I felt during the time I lost my consciousness." He whispered to them as if scared of someone else hearing them.

"So, so you think someone else was there too when we were back there?" Yeonhee's assumption earned scornful gazes from both of them.

"What? I'm just guessing." She defended herself.

"Don't guess, just keep in mind the worst case scenario." Jimin suggested and Taehyung agreed with an animated nod. "Don't wanna jinx anything." He muttered, audible for only him to hear.

"The worst case scenario is: we die." Her nonchalant answer chilled Jimin to his bones.

"I told you to keep that in mind, you uncultured swine!"

"Well, oops-"

"So now what?" Both of them stopped their bickering and averted their eyes on the male palming the bruise on the back of his head.

"I-I dunno. Should we go back and let the cops take on the case?" Yeonhee's voice was faltering by every syllable and they didn't fail to notice it.

"If someone hit Tae, then they obviously know that we're here." Jimin suddenly kept his voice low. His eyes were darting around the closed room to watch out for anything possibly dangerous. Cameras, weapons, hideouts, trapdoors, you name it.

But he found nothing but a sliding door just perpendicular to his line of sight. It might be locked, it maybe not. It might be a trap that will trick them into opening it and get them killed.

"Yeah, it's very obvious slso counting the passed out bodies at the level above." Yeonhee snickered reminiscing about how Jimin was so fine with it.

"What did he do?" Now this piqued Taehyung's interest. He leaned in more further but stopped at a respectable distance because he knew his limits.

"Jimin knocked out several bulky and taller men before coming here." She told him, emphasizing the word 'taller.'

The said man's eyes zeroed at her but something else behind her caught his attention. He tumbled over to it and grabbed the shiny thing in his hands.

A key.

"Why would a key be here out of all places?" Yeonhee queried standing up too.

"Don't know, maybe it's a trap?" He reasoned turning the key around.

Taehyung stood up too and his hand clasped onto the wall as he wobbled his way to them. His eyes twinkled at the key in Jimin's palms.

"Tha-That's the thing I've been looking for!" He exclaimed fist-pumping the air which caused him to loose his balance before he regained it back again.

"Why have you been looking for it? There are no locks to which it can ope- oh." Yeonhee didn't get to complete her sentence when her eyes fell on a little embedded lock on the sliding door. Another lock of the same kind was at the door which originally led them in here.

"Now, this key can open the lock of one of two doors." Yeonhee stated walking past Jimin.

"Why? The one we entered from is open though- yikes." He was stoped once again when Yeonhee tried to pull open the door but couldn't. Turns out that the door locked itself from the inside.

"Darn it."

"Don't cuss."

"Oh shut up Tae."

Yeonhee scurried over to the door and inserted the key inside the keyhole. Beads of sweat trickled down from her features as she desperately turned the key but to her dismay...