Why'd you only call me when you're high

A/n: This is my favorite song rn lol. Also you and Ash are friends. Sorry if this is cringy.

The mirror's image, it tells me it's home time. But I'm not finished, 'cause you're not by my side

You and Ash had went to a party. You only went because Maddy really wanted to go and you didn't wanna leave her alone. Ash pretty much followed you everywhere and plus, he saw it as a business opportunity. You two split up when you got to the party. You really wanted to go home but you couldn't find Ash.

And as I arrived I thought I saw you leavin', carryin' your shoes. Decided that once again I was just dreamin' of bumpin' into you

Ash was sitting with his other friends and smoking a blunt. He was starting to feel it more than usual. Ash was thinking of you while he was smoking; it was also really inconvenient that a person that looked like you(from Ash's perspective). Ash thought that you were carrying your heels and heading for the door.

Now it's three in the mornin' and I'm tryin' to change your mind. Left you multiple missed calls and to my message, you reply

Parties at East Highland always lasted until 4am. The party usually didn't die until 4:30. Meanwhile, Ash started snapping you trying to get you to stay at the party with him; he must've left you 30 messages and 15 calls.

"Why'd you only call me when you're high?"

You knew Ash was high because he never calls you unless he was high. So you answered him with that.

"Hi, why'd you only call me when you're high?"

Ash was high out of his mind.

Somewhere darker, talkin' the same shite I need a partner, well, are you out tonight?

In the beginning of the party, You stayed with him and started talking shit about people in a dark corner so the people you were talking about, wouldn't hear you(Italicized is Ash, youre regular):

"Dude, I saw Cassie going to the bathroom with Nate"

"I knew they were fucking. It was kinda obvious tbh"

"It was not obvious. I wanna tell Maddy but I don't want her to flip out on me."

"Why would she flip out on you?"

"You never know with Maddy.

"I don't think she'd flip out on you. You're basically her sister."

"Yea I guess"

"I think Fez and Lexi are dating"

"Fr?"

"Yea. Look at them on the couch"

"I think they'd make a cute couple"

"I guess"
It was a known fact that you and Ash were inseparable. You were known as his"partner in crime" and he was yours.

It's harder and harder to get you to listen. More I get through the gears
Incapable of makin' alright decisions, and havin' bad ideas

Ash wasn't listening to you when you kept telling him that you weren't leaving the party until Maddy left. He kept repeating that he saw you and "don't tell me what I did or didn't see". He decided he wanted to go swimming but a. He couldn't swim and b. He was higher than a kite. It was obvious this was a horrendous idea but Ash was being stubborn and wouldn't listen. It was safe to say that he really couldn't make decisions right now.

Now it's three in the mornin' and I'm tryin' to change your mind
Left you multiple missed calls and to my message you reply
"Why'd you only call me when you're high?"

He kept texting you and calling but Everytime, you had the same answer.

"Hi, why'd you only call me when you're high?"

You were getting frustrated at Ash's repetitiveness so you decided that you were actually gonna leave, Maddy be damned. You decided to give him one last chance and you texted him asking:

"Where are you??? I'm actually gonna leave"

And I can't see you here, wonderin' where am I
It sort of feels like I'm runnin' out of time

Ash saw the message and decided he had enough and wanted to leave. You were at the door and Ash was sprawled out by the fire pit outside and he was moving slower than a turtle trying not to run into anyone or trip over something. It felt like he would never get to you in time, seeing as you maybe only had one shot and that's a strong maybe and you walked like Sonic the Hedgehog.

I haven't found all I was hopin' to find

Ash had lost his keychain of you two in the party and he spent the little time he was sober, trying to find it(spoiler it was in the car).

You said you gotta be up in the mornin'
Gonna have an early night

Your family was making you go to church the next day and you knew you were gonna be tired. You wanted to get home and get to sleep as soon as possible. You texted Ash to hurry tf up before you leave him.

And you're startin' to bore me, baby
Why'd you only call me when you're high?

You were getting bored of Ash's antics tonight and all you wanted to do was leave and go to sleep. You hated when he got high for this exact reason. He was completely unpredictable; he could either be in his right mind, overly philosophical or he could be a sack of deadweight, right now he was being a sack of deadweight. He called you again and you couldn't take it anymore.

Why'd you only ever phone me when you're high?

You reached the car with Ash and you decided to confront him about why he only ever called you when he did something bad or was way to drugged.

"Why'd you only ever phone me when you're high?"
"Why'd you only ever phone me when you're-

You were going off on Ash and it looked like he wasn't taking it in. He just kept staring at you with pupils the size of dinner plates. He put his hand on your thigh as you kept asking the question of why and how he even got high and what gave him the right to call YOU and tell you that he was high. You were even angrier when you saw that he just kept nodding and not answering your question. He just smiled at you like a dumbass.

High?

Ash leaned in and kissed you. You didn't know what to do but oddly, it felt really good. You knew what you were doing was wrong because he was under the influence but when you reluctantly tried to pull away, he pulled you closer to him. He put his hand on your lower back and you had to push him away so you could get out of the party.
Ash fell asleep and you couldn't help but wonder, how would this effect our relationship?