★ - "best nurse" - machi

enjoy<3———

enjoy<3
———

"you're such an idiot." machi rubbed her head as she saw your current state. right now, you were sitting on her bed, holding your right arm in your left hand. to say the least, your arm got cut off in battle. "i'm an idiot? i'm just doing my job. this little boo-boo won't last long. you're the best nurse i know." you spoke as machi rolled her eyes.

"i'm not your nurse. and i'm charging you for this, you know?" machi spoke as she took your right arm, inspecting it to see if it was even able to be reattached to your arm. "how'd you even lose this arm anyways?" machi asked curiously. machi watched your eyes darken, an wave of sin clouded your pupils.

"chrollo gave me that mission to kill rizuko. y'know, the guy who stole our money from the bank? yeah. turns out he is a manipulator, he uses blades infused with nen to quickly dismember people. and the lucky bastard got me." you spoke, machi nodding as she remembers you leaving a few days earlier.

"it's good that you're back. next time don't make any rash decisions. i won't always be here to help. now put your aura down." machi spoke as you quietly listened. you watched with admiration how machis aura surrounded her body, her grey eyes looking down at your open arm. she had always had a photogenic memory,  quite useful for something like this.

you watch machi use her needles, connecting every blood vessel, muscle, tissue, bone, right back to your dismembered arm. she quickly put it in place, as if she were completing a puzzle. you smirked as your started moving your digits, rolling your arm and even cracking your knuckles.

"ugh.. what would i do without you, nurse?" you teased as machi rolled her eyes again. "without me, you wouldn't have any limbs left. you're too reckless in battle, gonna get yourself killed. now, 20 million for the right arm." machi spoke coldly as she maintained eye contact with you.

"do you accept any other form of payment?" you asked, sparking curiosity in machi. "any other form of payment? the hell are you going on about, [name]?" machi spoke, crossing her arms around her chest. you smirked as you looked up at her, you could tell she was running out of patience. yet, she remained curious. 

using your newly attached arm, you grabbed machi by her arm, bringing her down to your level. you smirked as you watched her eyes widen, you could feel her breath on your face. it was such an intimate position, if you moved any closer you might be able to steal a kiss...

"do you accept any other form of payment?" you asked again, almost in a whisper. machi snickered, staring you down like a deer caught in headlights. "like i said... what're you going on about?" machi asked again, but you could barely make out her voice. she'd gotten quiet, maybe a little flustered. 

you smiled again, looking at machi for a moment. she was always so serious, dedicated to her role in the phantom troupe. she never had on a smile, but you knew she cared deep down for her crew. when pakunoda died, you and her were one of the only few who attended her funeral. it was a bittersweet moment, nonetheless you knew she cared. she always did. 

swiftly, you closed the gap between you too. her soft lips intertwined with yours, and it felt as if lightning was going off in your body. you moved in sync with one another, as if you both had kissed previously. it felt so natural when you pulled away, a string of spit connecting you both; as if evidence to prove what had just happened. 

"to answer your question.. no, i don't accept any other form of payment. however, i'll give you a generous discount. 10 million for your right arm." machi said teasingly, maintaining her serious face; a small smirk was the only thing letting you know she was being playful. "c'mon nurse! a kiss won't cut it?" you asked, laughing afterwards.

"a kiss won't cut it. but, kisses will."

---

714 words.

omg hihihi everyone!! i know a lot of people have been requesting machi, so i hope i did her justice with this chapter. i've had this draft saved for months, but more machi content will be coming out. i will try my hardest to get through my requests. and if you haven't already, please check out my most recent announcement!! i explained a lot about my whereabouts. thank you again for the support. <3 

(please point out any spelling errors.)