Chapter 34 (+ Important Announcement)

Zacznij od początku

~~~~

Cold floors prickled my skin as I woke. My eyes remained closed as I put my hands over my face.

Wait-

I shot up, opening my eye,  desperately trying to adjust to the nearly pitch black room

Shroud was no longer in my arms, and I wasn't in Tommy's house where I feel asleep.

"Good morning."

My body froze, a smooth American accent echoed in front of me.

"I- wha-" my throat was so dry, my body was weak. It felt like I'd been asleep for ages.

"Hey hey, don't strain yourself. Here."

Looking back in front of me, I could see the silhouette of a man sitting on a chair in front of me.

The man slid a glass bottle in front of me.

"What- what is this?"

"Water, what does it look like?"

"I don't know. I can't see."

He clicked his tongue, "oh right, sorry about that, kid."

With his word he lit a torch, illuminating the space between us. As well illuminating his face, or lack thereof.

I gulped, "Hello Dream." I decided to ignore the water, I'm not supposed to trust him.

His head tilted to the side as he waved, smile visible in his voice.
"Hello Eden. Nice to finally meet you face to face."

Chills crept up my spine, but ignoring my better judgement to just shut up and escape, I pressed questions.

"Where are we? Why did you bring me here? Where's Tommy?-" I was cut off with Dream bringing a finger to his mask.

"Shh, you'll wake the baby." He cooed, gesturing to my right.

I turn where he gestured, a small crib sat in the corner of the room.

"Shroud!"

I scrambled to my feet leaning over the crib to see the spider baby laying asleep, fortunately unharmed.

The chair creaked, implying Dream stood, the echoing footsteps confirming he was walking in my direction.

I gently lifted Shroud from his crib, wrapping him in the blanket on top of him, before holding him to my chest.

"Where you worried about him?" Dream asked, leaning on the wall beside us.

"Yes, he's my little brother I can't loose him."

Dream hummed, staring at me in silence before walking back over to the chair.

"Kiddo, come here."

Holding Shroud in my arms I walked over to Dream, he presented the chair he'd been sat in to be sat in before for me to sit in.

I obliged. I currently didn't know where I was or what was going on, trying anything could result in getting myself hurt, or more importantly Shroud.

"Now Eden, you're a smart kid. What do you think is going on?"
He asked, his voiced laced with a taunting tone.

After a few seconds of prolonged silence, I held Shroud closer to my chest. "You stole us from Tommy, I don't know what your intentions are but I can't say I think they're very good"

"Oh Eden, I'm hurt. Do you truly think I'd hurt you?"

I didn't answer.

"I see your point though, you can't tell where you are. Hey, why don't we take a little walk outside?"

He pressed his hand on a piece of the wall, it fell inwards and a doorway opened.

"Take your things kiddo, it's dangerous out there."

He tossed a crossbow across the floor, skidding to a stop as it hit my shoe.

It was the one I'd found in his old house. The one I'd gotten Techno to upgrade for me, it was the most powerful weapon I owned.

Carefully, I picked it up and attached it to my hip, careful not to drop Shroud.

Weapon and baby secured I followed, I had no way of telling how to get out of this situation, or if I even could. He wasn't wearing armor but I've heard the rumors of his strength before.

Following outside, bright sunlight hurt my eyes. Rapidly blinking to adjust my eyes I took in where we were.

"I- L'manburg?"

We'd been at the bottom of the crater, it was overgrown with vegetation and the glass from when I'd seen it last was gone. Just a beautiful cave.

As I took a step forward the uneven bedrock beneath me took my balance.
Bracing for impact and holding Shroud to my chest, I waited for a pain that never came.

Opening my eyes Dream had his hand pressed on my back. "Be careful, I don't want you getting hurt."

"Thank you-" I breathed out as he steadied me.

"Come on",Dream gestured for me to get on his back.
"Why?"

"You can't get out of here on your own, and with that arm."

I'd almost forgotten, my arm handy fully healed, I could still really easily tear the wound again. But I was glad I could gauge time on it's healing.

Getting onto Dream's back he told me to hold on, jumping onto a small cliff and enderpearling up.
We reached the top and he set me down, the teleportation making me nauseous, and waking Shroud.

His giggling turned my attention at him. He was staring up at Dream pointing a finger at him and laughing.

Looking up at the masked man I got, the opposite of my expectation.

His mask in hand, his face was visable softly smiling at Shroud.

His face was littered with freckles, along with the occasional scars mainly between his eyes and on his nose. And his eyes were green. Just a normal green, like the green on the plants around us.

Had my brain been playing tricks on me in the prison?

I could've be sworn his eyes had been glowing back then.

My brain was going so fast I didn't even notice Dream take Shroud out of my arms, holding them in his own while Shroud wrapped his hand around his finger.

He looked so normal. Just like a regular guy, not the monstrous bastard everyone had made him out to be.

"Come on Eden, let's go."

I followed him, we walked down the prime path, Tommy's house appearing before us.

Hope burst through my veins, I ran forward, ready to just back to Tommy the second I saw him.

"TOMMY-!"
My voice stopped with my feet.

There was his house, with the front door open and almost everything gone, the house looked... abandoned.

"What? Where did he-?"

"Oh no."
I turned to Dream, tears prickling my eyes.

"Oh no what? Where is he?!"

"I heard him talking about leaving, but I didn't think he'd go without you both."

Shroud's happy demeanor changed to small wails and crying.

My own tears threatening rivers in my eyes.

"Tommy left? He left us?"

"Im so sorry kiddo."
Dream kneeled down and hugged me, I didn't know what else to do. I hugged him back. Did Tommy really leave us?

I thought we were a family.