It wasn't until I got outside that I noticed a blonde boy with his hair side parted, holding a sign with my name leaning against a silver car.

"You're here to pick me up." I asked quite blankly.

"If you're Hyunjin than yea." The blonde smiled, he has dimples.

"Great." I faked a smile but made it quite obvious that it was fake, which instantly set off some tension.

"We can put your luggage in the back." He popped the trunk of the silver car. Without hesitation or struggle he lifted them and shut them in. "I'm Christopher Chan, by the way. Either is fine." He stuck his hand to me. A formality I didn't quite care for but I shook his hand away.

"I'll address you by neither." I wasn't trying to make friends. I just wanted this year to be over with already.

"Jeez okay." I heard him muttered under his breath as he placed his hands on his thighs as he walked tensely to the drivers side of the car. I climbed in the back seat and put my earbuds back in.

The ride to the school was long and silent aside from the music playing in my eyes. I kept noticing Chan look back at me in the rear view as if he wanted to say something but his lips never moved.

I watched trees pass by as he drove on a thin highway til we reached modern style gates, he put in a PIN number on the pad for them to open and close behind us, only to drive about another three miles. We passed paved roads that lead to little houses almost completely hidden by the trees.

I noticed the blonde had said something so I removed an earbud for him to repeat it.

"Those are the dorm houses. They are split by gender."

"What about the ones that don't consider themselves either?"

"Well, we have houses for them too. There was stir up about it a few years ago from what I know, so they added them to the lot. Are you.."

"No. I'm not. I'm just.."

"Socially aware?"

I didn't answer his question. He took my silence as a hint to stop talking.

I found myself in awe as we pulled up the mansion of a school and he parked at the center of the round-a-bout driveway.

"We can leave your stuff in the trunk until we are told your housing situation." He smiled at me and got out of the car.

I followed suit and he held the door open for me to walk through. The inside was even more magnificent. Birch wood flooring, dusty colored stone walls with pillars spaced out evenly and laced with gold and black stripes of paint.

The was a small balcony just above with a small set of stairs leading up. Just about the railing was a small sign dangling from the ceiling labeled office.

"We need to get you to the headmistress." He walked up the stairs, waving me in with him.

As we entered the office I was greeted by a tall beautiful brunette woman. "You must be Hwang Hyunjin." She shook my hand and I was still wide eyed at all the beautiful architecture of this place. "I've been waiting to meet you since your mother had transferred you. I see you've met our Head Boy, Chan."

She gestured for me to sit and I did. Chan stayed standing by the door. "So with you're transcripts from your previous school, your mother and kept you in most of the same class. Except your choice of foreign language, that class was full. Was there another you'd be willing to take, or would you prefer a whole new extra curricular?"

"Umm.." He was taking English II, but he had learned the English language. Well most of what he needed to know. "What are my other options?"

"Well, I've taken notice that you like Fine Arts, so I could put you in and Advanced Art class."

I just simply nodded. That'd make me feel a little more at home.

"3D arts or Modern arts?"

"Modern. Please."

"Alright, so I'll have you come pick up you're schedule tomorrow morning after you're completely enrolled in your classes. You'll start Monday with the rest of us." She smiled and looked over at Chan. "Chan, I noticed you had an opening in your dorm house so I took the liberty to put him with you guys. I figured it may be easier since you're the only person he knows at the moment."

"That's fine, Mrs. Park." Chan smiled.

"Alright! Well, I think everything set. I'll give you this packet to read over, it's just the basic school guidelines, there is a curfew on weekdays at 10pm. But you guys have the weekends to yourselves. Now off you go! Make yourself at home."

I thanked the headmistress and followed Chan back out to the car.

So much for not wanting to address him. Now I'm living with him.

——

[A/N]

For anyone wondering, this is the basic idea of what Hyunjin's new school looks like!

I hope you all like the story so far!

Hope you are taking care of yourselves! Til next time lovelies!