6

Stephen

My knees softly scratched the sand with a soft scritch. I could hear a faint voice behind me that sounded like Ben. Maybe they were pulling me up... or maybe down. Ben held my face between his hands, and he opened his mouth to mutter something. His features seemed to twirl out in a spiral and then out with a disfigured grin. He looked as if he had just gotten a slap in the face.

« En... »

« Stephen, » His face slowly cleared out, and his long nose seemed to get back in place. I blinked and stared quietly at him. Then it hit me. A loud, eardrum-breaking noise. St. Crown Lake afar seemed to change colours from blue to green to red with an energetic splash. Waves danced and swayed savagely from side to side in an irregular rhythm. Up above my head was sparkling a hot sun. The air was hot enough to fry an omelet on a bald head.

Suddenly, the sound stopped, replaced by a strange silence. Ben, Jonathan, Will, and Luke all seemed to be talking simultaneously until nothing could be heard. I squinted and brought my hands to my head,

Make it stop, make it stop, make it stop.

It was like this sudden closing of a line or a barrier. Except for this time, I had crossed no border. The whistle just blew right into my ear, ready to end whatever existed in me. There was a sharp, ringing buzz in my ear like a trapped bee in my skull. It was so intense that I thought I would lose consciousness. It was said in legends and myths that peaceful and quiet waters indicated peace and harmony in life.

On the other hand, the stormy waves of a sacred ocean like Crown Lake's would indicate serious troubles and restless spirits. Situations like ego clashes and family disagreements. Today, the waves were moving in a raged motion, as if screaming they were to nearby passers. They spiralled and swayed as if columns of slippery beads. At the very middle end of the lake, an angry ripple was rolling towards us. At this point, I was really thinking I was dying... I had to be. How could so many incidents happen all at once? The ripple was quick and moved at an outstanding speed.

Making an effort to stand up amid the disturbing noise, I pressed my palm to the ground, squeezing the sand. I couldn't scream; I couldn't shout. I was trapped in this box where it was only me. The others seemed out of reach. They all seemed to be obnoxious and unaware of the troubles around. It seemed as though I was the only one to be able to see all the bad things surrounding me. But nevertheless, they all seemed to be dealing with their problems and disturbances with no effort. Life seemed to be so easy for them.

A tear rolled down my cheek. I had not noticed I had been crying all along. I felt my face warm and humid. I tried to wipe down my tears, but they would just keep falling. Why was I crying? I couldn't understand. No one had hurt me or pinched me. So what was up with me?

A big wave crashed behind my back like heavy rain droplets on a house's ceiling. Water submerged me from every corner, causing me to fall despite the effort I had put in to get up from the ground. I let go. The water would take me wherever, and there was nothing I could do about it.

At the very corner of the ocean, shone a glowing light. It had a soft, light glimmer around it and seemed to grow increasingly. It danced around in a gentle sway. It twisted and rolled on itself. I watched closely, the water stung my eyes a little, and the water wasn't clear. A sleazy-like shape travelled across my face, then into the dark abysses of the sea. The glowing shape was still there with it's corners wiggling and dancing. Without any warning, the glistening shape metamorphosed into a child's morphology. I could see another shape pop to life right next to it. It looked like a mother. The mother of the child, holding his hand. The figures wiggled, continuously, then abruptly stopped. The golden glimmers shut off, like turned off by a light switch. The sea turned dark, and nothing was distinguishable anymore. I felt lost, trying to grip onto something, anything. But another big tide transported me to a place I couldn't see.

Thanks for reading

Thanks for reading. I hope you liked this little -deep- (haha, get it?) chapter! Sorry, it was slightly paragraph-y, but the endless dialogues will be coming back <3!

Thanks again for your everlasting support! I really appreciate it♡

Stay soft & fluffy, and I'll see you in the next chapter!

FAQs:

"Wth is going on?"

"~ C H O A S ~" - Cheshire

Don't forget to vote!🌟