t h i r t y f i v e

Start from the beginning

The students swarmed the school's compound like bees drinking honey. Some clouds covered the sky, giving off a cool temperature after hours of the sun bathing the earth. Because of that, Felix chose not to rush within the students who wanted to return as soon as possible.

He fished his hands inside of his pockets while humming a song until someone tapped on his shoulder. The male looked back with a smile but when recognising the person, the smile dropped.

"What?"

Oh, how he hates the girl to the core.

Felix was known as the sunshine of the school due to his bright personality towards everyone. However, ever since the rumors spread some people began to look down on him that he no longer greet random students in the hall every morning.

Also, this was the first time he spoke with such a monotonous to someone.

Arin slightly flinched at the voice. She glanced once and not even for a second, she looked down again. Suddenly the voice did not come out. She internally cursed herself for being a coward.

"Lix!"

"If you have nothing to say I'm leaving." he said, ready to go to Seungmin who was waiting at the front gate.

"Wait..." she muttered. "Let's talk... somewhere."

"Can't it be here?"

She quickly shook her head, "Can't. People are going to hear."

The guy scoffed which scared her, "Is there a problem with that?"

"Felix, please." she clasped her hands to the front. That was the first time she called him with his real name. Felix was a bit startled when his name rolled off her tongue. Slowly, he nodded in agreement.

The two made their way to the garden. A few tree monuments greeted them at the entrance with two flower blooms on each sides. Arin fiddled her trembling fingers before turning to him.

"I want to apologise."

To say he was shocked was an understatement. His eyes widened a bit but still zipping his mouth shut. A few strands of hair that fell on his forehead and a bit of his eyes somehow intimidated her.

"I am sorry for accusing you as a... pervert. I know you didn't mean to yet I told everyone you did." she said almost in one breath. Then she made a sharp 90 degrees bow, "I am so sorry!"

Her low ponytails fell to the front and her backpack almost slid to the back of her head. Felix quickly grasped the bag and lifted it, along with her to stand properly but she closed her eyes tightly. He released it. "There's no use."

She peeked one eye open and when seeing his serious look, the girl asked, "What do you mean?"

"There's nothing you can do to undo." he shrugged.

"But..." she hesitated. Felix raised a brow, asking her to go on. "I am... still sorry about what happened."

"Don't apologise to me, but to those people who started putting the name tag at the chest area. They should have done it on the forehead instead." he sneered with a sinister smile. Her heart ached at that. It shows how miserable Felix was when the false rumors spread out.

"Did something happen at home?" her voice became low.

"That cannot be undone to, so no worries. You don't owe me anything." he faked a smile. "Now if you excuse me, I need to go."

Then he turned on his heels and left. Arin could not describe the mixed feelings in her chest. She wanted to scream, to call his name and promised him to do whatever he wants to. However, her whole body malfunctioned at that moment, stood frozen on the ground with a small tear rolled down her cheek.