Fading (Sequel)

Prologue:

Have you ever thought about why and how things started working out for you? Like you never even expected that it would be the way it is right now? It's already laughing in front of your face, but you couldn't even seem to grab a hold of the truth because you still ought to believe that it isn't the way it's supposed to be. You will start questioning on things, or even start to just stare at space and keep thinking about why and how did it even end up like that way. You wouldn't believe it, but it's actually real and it is happening and you only have to convince yourself about it because it's not just a lucid dream.

Whenever we meet someone, they will always leave a mark in our lives. Big or not, it is still considered as a mark, as a change. But some of us people aren't really quite fascinated or convinced by the certain things that some other people believe. Destiny, soul mates, meant to be. We all tend to live our lives knowing that they are all just pure of shit, an excuse to make someone's heavy heart about hopes in love and life be lighten enough. We were used to referring only to our own personal beliefs because we have reasons, and those reasons were actually caused by something that left a big impact in our lives. We don't think that people can actually change us, because we build up walls and won't let anyone break in. That's what we made ourselves think, without even having the idea that our beliefs could be changed, unexpectedly, by an unexpected person at an unexpected time.

Because I met someone, and he changed me.

He changed my life.

My fingers slowly stroked his arms, as my eyes roam around to observe every little detail about his face like it's the first time I've ever done this. I lightly pinched his nose, making him shrug a little. I chuckled but tried not to make any noise. I don't want to wake him up, although all I ever want in my life is to talk to him. He looks so peaceful and fragile, and I woudn't let anything or anyone right now to even take this view away from me. I love how his eyebrows are furrowed when his eyes are closed, or how his lips are parting slowly, or how his chest would go up and down while he breathes slowly. He never fails to mesmerize me. Tired or not, he will always be beautiful.

I made my way to his chest and slowly rested my head on top of it to get back to sleep. The moment I closed my weary eyes, thoughts started attacking my head again.

The thought of having him still gives me a feeling that I couldn't seem to explain. It's been two years since that incident happen wherein the greatest plot twist in my entire existence happened, and I still keep asking myself if everything I have in my hands right now are all true. I want to know if this is going to be mine forever. I don't want to sound selfish about anything, but I can't stop wondering why. Because if I have one wish to make, it would be to stay like this forever. But no matter how I don't want to think of it, the reality always sets in. Life isn't always about rainbows and cupcakes and butterflies all the time. Things fade. Things change. But all I know, as long as we both hold onto something, no matter how tough could things get, we can make it through anything.

But then again, things change.

All things fade, don't they?

Check out "Fading (Sequel to Pretending)" by checkyestrisha

If you want more of some Casten action, then look for the book up on my profile and enjoy another roller coaster ride of feels. Thank you! :—)