𝘵𝘩𝘶𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳 | 𝘤.𝘷𝘯

It was a rainy and thunder-filled night, just your luck.

When you were young, one of your closest friends died from lighting. It was in a somewhat idiotic way as they went out to play in the rain and thunder, but it was right in front of you and you stood still, not knowing what to do. The feeling of guilt ate you up for years, but the guilt really seeped in every thunderstorm. The guilt of being right there, but your friend getting striked by lighting instead, and especially, you not being able to do anything, really messed with you. Yes it was some kdrama type of death, but nonetheless, it was a death and the death of your best friend.

This night in particular, you were over at seventeen's dorm. You were friends with the boys pre-debut and trained in Pledis before deciding the idol life wasn't your thing and went on to pursue your studies. But, you had a better connection with Vernon, or Hansol as you usually called him. You two were like polar opposites but regardless, had so much in common. You were always energetic and up for anything, which balanced out Vernon's chill, yet fun personality. But in the end, you both shared almost all the same interests and were each other's comfort/happy place.

And although it was a thunderstorm, you were distracted by hanging out with the boys, making the most of your trip because you knew your trips were scarce due to them being VERY famous k-pop idols. You wanted to spare them rumors and scandals.

. . .

You were now sitting on the couch in the living room of the dorm, watching wonwoo, coups, chan, and soonyoung's game of Mario kart and laughing along with the other members. 

"oh, it's kinda late" you muttered while randomly checking your phone. 

No one had heard you except Hansol who was sat right next you, eating some chips he randomly found in their pantry. 

"oh yeah, let me walk you out, they're (svt) pretty invested in the game" he said, letting out a slight smile towards the end of the sentence. "i'll let them know you left"

"oh sure! hold on lemme just grab my bag from your room" you said that nonchalantly but vernon let out a slight blush for some reason (which you didn't notice) and to be honest, he didn't know why either.

. . .

The relationship you had with vernon was very cliché. It was the classic, 'we're best friends but we both like each other' kinda thing. You both wanted to confess to the other but your reason for not doing so was the fact that Vernon was an idol and you were worried about scandals, schedules, and what not. While on the other hand, Vernon was scared to ruin the perfect friendship you both had.

. . .

You quickly jogged to Hansol's room and retrieved your bag, then met him at the entrance of the dorm. 

"today was fun, i'll see you later!" you chirped as Vernon replied with a side hug and a smile as he waved you goodbye. 

You walked out of the dorm and upon exiting the building, you heard the loud roars of the thunder for the first time. You flinched greatly and fell into panic. You immediately ran back inside the building and hesitated for a split second on wether you wanted to 'burden' seventeen by bombarding them with your trauma.