"I always have your back," she leaned closer with a teasing smile.

Aang was staring without anyone noticing as Katara and Zuko seemed to have a strong bond even after years of not talking to each other. He heard they had a few bad fights that lead into a horrible one that caused them to cut contact with each other for five or six years.

"Hey Sokka, did Katara and Zuko date or something?" Aang whispered to the drunk man.

"Ha no, they've always been like that, but they've never been more than friends," Sokka laughed.

Aang saw Zuko whispering into Kataras hair to reach her ear that caused her to burst out laughing so hard she hit her hand on the table as she wheezed in laughter, making Zuko smile at her.

"They're just friends," Aang pursed his lips nodding as Katara whispered back into zukos ear with both arms wrapped around his shoulders. They looked really drunk.

"I don't even like drinking that much," Aang stuck out his tongue feeling dizzy.

"Oi lee, I'm locking up, last round okay?" The bar owner walked over as Katara was giggling.

"Thanks jai, is it cool if I use the upstairs tonight? We got a camp half mile out," Zuko tilted his head to the side with a grin.

"Yea just stop drinking my booze after that bottle, I owed you," jai nodded as Zuko gave a thumbs up feeling more drunk now.

"Good night jaaaai," all the girls cooed knowing it'd make the man flustered. It worked.

"Night ladies," he nodded at them and went to lock up the bar while the girls laughed.

"You all are awful," Sokka laughed with Zuko.

"Alright I'm sorry to be the one to bring it up, but now that we're alone," mai raised her hand and her eyes went on quiet Aang immediately with a glare.

"Why is the avatar suddenly having a drink with us? I thought he abandoned the world again," she crossed her arms and ty Lee nodded curiously.

"We went looking for him again," Katara said with no emotion in her voice.

"I don't believe that," mai looked at Katara instead.

"The avatar is a master at hiding, he doesn't get found unless he wants to be found, I don't believe it's just a coincidence," she pointed her sharp nails back at the youngest male.

"I found him in a wall," Toph offered.

"Master of all four elements just let you guys drag him back in? Ha no," mai noticed how pale Aang and how sweaty he was getting. He was caught in a lie.

"Is that true Aang? Did you want us to find you? Or was it really an accident?" Suki leaned over to look at Aang.

"I-I it was an accident," Aang laughed nervously.

"Fuck man, your lying," Toph called him out.

"You allowed us to find you? Why? Cause it's under your terms?" Katara snapped irritated again with her old friend.

"It's not like that," Aang defended quickly.

"When do You stop lying?! You can't have everything Aang!" Katara raised her voice as she stood up, Aang jumped as he backed off the table in case she tried anything.

"Fuck I wasted so much time on finding you for nothing," she spat but a firm hand grabbed her arm.

"Take a walk," Zuko told her calmly but she knew it wasn't a request.

"Your drunk and angry, let's go cool down," he pulled her with as Katara scoffed but she almost fell when she tried to walk, Zuko held her steady as they went upstairs to control her temper.

"So you guys want to finish the bottle?" Toph offered hopeful to drink more.

Katara leaned against the wall with a long sigh holding her head as Zuko watched her when he closed the door.

"So I'm getting the dad treatment now?" Katara snorted seeing how his stood with his arms crossed.

"When you start throwing a temper tantrum yea," he sighed leaning against the wall next to her and they both slid down to the ground.

"How drunk are you?" Zuko raised a brow looking at her.

"Enough I know what I'm saying, but I know I can't go down stairs to fast alone," she smiled back at him. He smiled a little at her.

"Aang thinks he still has feelings for me, so I told him I am unable to bare children," Katara groaned closing her eyes.

"Weird way to reject someone,"

Katara laughed covering her face nodding.

"I know, cause I know if something ever happened with Aang and I, I'd be just a mother... help repopulate fucking air benders," she had a smile but there was venom in her voice.

"But I already brought in another southern tribe water bender," she choked a little at that.

Zuko pursed his lips looking down at his lap instead. Aito would've been her pride to teach water bending too, if she was his mother.

"When he's older, I'm sure he'd like the best water bender to teach him how to bend," Zuko patted the top of her head and Katara looked at him shocked.

"He should have someone from the tribe that runs through his blood to teach him, I don't think he likes pakku either," he smiled gently.

"Thank you, it would be in a few years anyways... I hope your not still mad at me by then," she blushed softly.

"I'm not mad anymore kat, I forgot.." Zuko pulled his hand back.

"Forgot?" She gulped a little.

"I forgot how great we are together, not just when we were in a relationship, I forgot how put together I feel with You," he sighed closing his eyes.

"You still have feelings for me too.?" Katara pursed her lips.

"I don't know," he shrugged. "But when I saw you at my pub for the first time in four years, I couldn't help but think how beautiful you still are,"

"Zuko..." she breathed looking up at him but he shook his head.

"They always say your first love will always hold a place in your heart," she leaned her head against his shoulder. "Something about us always just felt right,"

"Yea, I know kat," he sighed wrapping his arm around her and rubbing her arm comforting.

"I missed you," she smiled leaning into his chest.

"I missed You too," Zuko blushed holding her close like they use too.

"How drunk are You still?" Katara asked turning to face him.

"Not at all," he brushed her hair out of her face as they leaned close.

"We're just friends still right?" Zuko grinned as they could feel each other's breath.

"Of course," she pressed her lips to his as  Zuko pulled her waist to be closer to him. Desperate for each other's touch and taste again as Katara held his face to hers kissing him passionately.

"Aw it's like we're teenagers again," he chuckled against her lips.

"Zuko shut up and kiss me," Katara panted and he towered over her.