Chapter Eighteen: Parting the Curtains

Samuel,

The sound of thunder slammed into me, and the blast sent my body up in the air. While I tried my best to fight against the turbulence force and lost just as fast, unable to pull my limbs back together. I reached the peak and then began to plummet down. A steady glance, and I saw the piece of pigskin running towards where I was going to fall.

Soon I crashed through a window, hitting blue film and a miniature Empire State Building, placed in the middle of a two-side staircase going upwards. Finally hitting and squeaking across the furnished floor, seeing pieces of the miniature fly everywhere. In the silence of my own beating heart, I chuckle to myself. I guess now I could cross over "Distorying the tall building" off my bucket list.

Power was the only thing I was lacking, even if I tried to hit Mammon a hundred times over, he could easily turn the tables in a second. Not to mention his body being able to heal was also a concern, leading me to think of a reasonable way to end it all. Absorbing a large amount of power and hitting him with a single attack.

...

Then came the oversize pig crashing through the same way as me, effortlessly breaking the whole wall part and reaching out for me, causing me to take the flight response. Electricity wrapped around my person, shooting off the floor onto my feet, away from the massive fist, that broke into the ground upon missing me.

"Quit running! I am getting annoyed here! Don't make me kill you!", he snorted while I made the run into the unlit hallway, now thinking if there was a possibility to bring down the whole building on him. In an attempt to follow me, Mammon hunched down and pushed through and broke apart the ceiling and the walls.

"Fuck! You tiny, shitty human!", Mamon complained. Despite his size, Mamon was quick. Dragging his body by pulling himself along by nailing his hand in the flooring. I was able to jump out of his grasp as the hallway ended in stairs leading to the lobby of the building. Quickly him to push himself on his knees and his shoulders into the arch above his head, breaking into it.

The lobby was a rectangular box, with an entrance having a set of three giant glass planes over it. "An easy exit," I thought, but as I went for it. Mamon quickly raised both of his hands over his head, hitting the roof and causing the whole building to shake momentarily. I stumbled forwards forward, falling onto my hands.

A glance back and saw him bring both of his hands down on me, I frog hopped out of the way. A deep rumble shook the whole building, while the floor gave out and broke inwards, causing the Mamon to fall forward onto his face into the basement of the building. While the floor underneath me fell back and up from the front, like a see-saw. With quick thinking, I grabbed the edge and kept myself from falling.

Mamon pushed himself up, breaking even more of the ground, looking up at me. "Oh! What are you hanging for! Dropdown, I won't bite!", He said while giggling, again with that terrible grin, but then he showed me something that brought a sudden smile to my face. He became confused but then figured out that I wasn't looking at him. Then he looked down at what I had seen, multiple pipes broken and turned upwards, leaking what I could easily guess was natural gas.

I quickly pulled up my feet, putting them against the uprooted floor, and with a quick pulse, shot myself up back round in the air. Still grabbing onto the edge, I landed onto it with my feet and point a finger gun at the gas piece. Locking my eyes with his ugly mug, "Bang!", I yelled, shooting a quick and small electric spark right at it, igniting the gas.

...

It happened exactly as one would think, the fire shot up with massive force, blowing towards the ceiling. While I jolted myself out through the glass planes and onto the street. Tethering to the first powerline I saw, pulling off-street as the fire burst outward from the building and the stores built into it on the sides.