Chapter Six: To Break And Rip Apart

Edward Foster,

The ground started shaking, so I quickly turned and stared at the sky. The Red Gem started glowing along with my eyes. Simply the Red Gem could destroy anything physical or conceptual. 

Destruction of the concept of space. The empty sky between me broke down and shrank. Lunching me upwards, away from that freak. Along with the Destruction of the concept of gravity. The pull of the gravity disappeared, allowing me to float endlessly in the air. While the ground underneath started to break and rip apart off the earth. Tumbling the buildings and roads connecting to the ditch.

Senseless screaming pursued But was drowned by the sound of earth breaking apart. As people who were unwise as to why such disaster had fallen upon them. Now we're being crushed by falling debris or getting their bodies broken by being tossed around like a pinball. Some rolled around along with their cars and those who were on foot had the fate of falling off the chunk of land being stripped of the earth.

The large chunks of land broke away from the ground, hurtling towards me in the air. There was no saving those people stuck on it. At first, I thought of simply moving out of the way but then thought of the city behind me, making me discard that option.

The only remaining is taking them head-on. It came towering over me, I clenched my teeth and pulled up the Red Cross. A land with a road and few buildings still standing on it, not to mention the screams of the people inside still hanging on.

I took through the building first, breaking through the multiple floors until reaching the bottom. Breaking through the parking and until coming out of the other side. Destruction of the concept of speed and momentum. Causing the building to suddenly stop and fall downwards.

The second one came hurtling at me upside down, colliding with me and landing first. Thrusting the Red Cross and breaking into the stone and earth. Breaking through everything with my eyes closed, until reaching the soft dirt ground on the other side. Coming out of the park grounds, catching glimpses of a child hanging on a swing for its dear life.

Turned my head back, as I killed speed and momentum and it fell downwards. Suddenly two large flat pieces came at me, out of the corner of my vision. Catching me off guard. Just before they could sandwich me, I quickly reached out my hand down and set my eyes on the ground. Destruction of the concept of space. Creating a funnel, and shooting myself down.

I crash into the ground face first and quickly pick myself, allowing the gravity to act. Looking up at it, standing right where I saw it before. While emitting that white glow from the White Gem. With multiple pieces of land floating over top of him.

Suddenly a shadow overcame me, I looked above me. In the next moment, darkness fell over me as the weight of the two pieces of land drove me into the ground. The destruction of the concept of damage and pain. A simple logical desire of not wanting to get injured or feel pain. Not that I didn't feel anything, rather everything else felt like a paper mache.

The Destruction of the concept of matter, cutting a sphere out and giving me room to stand up in the darkness. I sighed as I picked myself up again from all the dirt and sweat. Walked up to the wall in front of me and placed my hand on it. Through destruction, Everything crumbled to nothing, as a tunnel opened up straight ahead allowing the light to pour in.

I walked out of it, staring at that spiral Mannequin some twenty yards away from me. "Surprise! I am still alive!", I yelled at it. Immediately, the spiral raised its both arms in the air. Releasing the white haze like a burning flame. And then brought it down at me and in the next moment rest of the floating chunks of land came hurtling towards me.

I hunched down, pressing all my weight on my right foot. Destruction of the concept of mass and gravity just for a moment. As soon as I pushed myself forward, I entered light speed, which ended with a loud bang. Not the fact that I went at light speed, but that I crashed into something.

If not for the destruction of Damage and pain, I would be a goner. As my comprehension came back to me, I was flat against an invisible wall composed of the white haze. Just a few feet away from the spiral Mannequin.

The pieces of land fell behind me, while I found my face against a wall. The spiral raised his hand at me and closed his fingers at me. Instantly the white haze wrapped around my person, whose force alone straightened me out. While I got shot back into the chunks of land behind me, the Red Cross flew out of my hand.

The force broke me through the ground and stone. It didn't stop there, as the force lifted me through it again towards the sky. The moment I was in the cloud, I tried my best to understand how it was moving me.

The white haze acted similarly to a layer, wrapping around objects and moving them. But what about the wall? Then it hit me, literally and figuratively, from the back and straight into the ground. The force itself traveled across the long ground like drawing a slash with my body.

Then looping and turning around to come to a stop with a jolt right in front of it. The spiral Mannequin stood in front of me while acting as if I had passed out. It moved around its other hand and the Red Cross came spinning to my side, into its hand.

Just then the Red Gem started glowing and I smiled. Destruction of air, Which caused the white haze to shatter, and suddenly everything became deafening silent. I landed on my feet while choking, I held on as I reached my hand out to the still spiral.

Destruction of matter and my hands skunked inside of its chest around the White Gem, while I took the hold of the Red Cross with the other one. I felt the heat in my eyes and rage in my heart, as a twisted grin formed on my face. That was it, I finally caught it. "Now...Die you bitch!", I yelled with the destruction of matter.

The spiral Manniquin's body tore apart in ribbons, with my power going all the way and consuming most of the land behind him, turning it into a small deep canyon. It all stopped as the White Gem ended in my hands and everything claimed down.

At last, the only thing I could hear was the sound of my breathing and the very thing around me was destroyed to an absolute degree. Suddenly, without a warning, my legs gave out and my arm went numb with a freezing sensation. I started trembling with cold while I held out the White Gem, glowing in the palm of my hand.

The feeling only grew, reminding me of the first time I touched the Red Gem. Soon the cold went through my whole body causing it to numb. But the suffocation only began when it reached my lungs and heart, causing me to stop breathing. I fell on top of my arm with the White Gem underneath me.

And soon I passed out.

???

We both were back at the table in the middle of the ditch caused by the fiend. Across from me sat Edward, eyeing his older self on the ground. "Everyones dead...except you. Isn't it how it always went. I mean it was the same for me, but anyway. The White Gem, Preservation or Protection if you want to understand it...Not that you can protect anything with it, I mean you couldn't and neither could I", I said with a frown.

I got up and looked around, it was already happening. Flora surged out of the barren ground and consumed the decimated land. "Ah, yes...There is never any end to anything is there?", I said, a little bit annoyed. But none the less the plant life grew at a sporadic rate into a giant forest, consuming the whole of London and everything went green.

I came back and sat down on my chair, on a tall grassy field. While Edward's old self got old somewhere among the tall grass. I looked at Edward who looked back at me. "Let's just wait until you wake up again, how about that. While Evolution takes place", I said and Edward agreed with his silence.