Chapter 4: Flying like a Bird

Yi jin's POV

"What are you doing?" Sunbae asks me.

"Oh, I'm just throwing these away." I say, showing him the cigarettes and sleeping pills in my hand.

"If you don't want those anymore, give them to me." Sunbae says as he takes the cigarettes from me and starts to light one.

Beep beep! Beep beep! My phone rings.

"Hello? Reporter Baek Yi jin speaking." I reply.

"BAEEEEEK YIIII JIIIIIIIN!" Hee do's drunkard voice rings pierces through the phone. It's so startling that I almost drop the phone.

"Hee do?" I ask in shock and start to make my way towards my room

"YI JIN AH! MY BOYFRIEND!" Hee do sings in her drunkard voice.

"Hee do ya, are you drunk?" I ask with a mixture of confusion and amusement.

"Ah! This crazy girl! Who are you calling?!" I vaguely hear Seung wan's voice in the background.

"Hello?" Seung wan takes the phone from Hee do.

"Seung wan, it's me. Baek yi jin."

"AH! Sunbae nim!" Seung wan replies. "I'm so sorry about Hee do, she got really drunk." Seung wan says almost apologetically.

"HA HA! TAKE THAT!" Hee do's voice rings in the background.

"YA! NA HEE DO! THAT'S A POTATO! NOT A FENCING SWORD!" Seung wan yells. I can already picture what's happening there and it draws a huge smile of amusement across my face.

"I'm sorry Sunbae nim, I need to stop your girlfriend from becoming a public hazard." Seung wan says.

"Thank you Seung wan. Make sure she gets home safely." I thank her. "Oh, and make sure she has a blanket on so she doesn't catch a cold. And don't get her medicine because she'll be scared that she'll be accused of doping. And-"

"Yes, yes Sunbae nim. I will take very good care of your girlfriend." Seung wan puts an end to my nagging.

"YA! NA HEE DO! GET OFF THAT TABLE RIGHT NOW!" Seung wan drops the phone as she calls out to Hee do.

"LOOK AT ME! I AM ON A PLANE TO NEW YORK!" The phone call doesn't get cut off because I still hear Hee do's drunkard exclamations. "BAEK YI JIN I'M COMING FOR YOU!"

"NA HEE DO! GET OFF THE TABLE BEFORE I-"

The phone call eventually gets cut off.

I look at my phone with amusement.

"Aigoo, how can someone be so cute." I sigh longingly.

Seung wan's POV

"WHEEE I AM A BIRD!" Drunk Hee do exclaims as she starts flapping her wings.

"Will you keep it down!" I try to shush her as I drag her towards my house. "No one would believe this is Korea's beloved gold medalist."

"BAEK YI JIN! WHERE ARE YOU?" Hee do calls out and turns her head to look in all directions.

"Stop doing that, you're going to get dizzy." I sigh and smack her forehead.

"Ah! That hurts!" Hee do says and then immediately starts smiling again like an idiot.

I contemplate whether to send Hee do to her house. But the thought of her scary mom seeing her daughter in this crazy-drunkard-chaotic state is... unthinkable. In the end, I drag Hee do to my house.

"OH! LOOK! IT'S BAEK YI JIN'S HOUSE!" Hee do exclaims as she sees the room that Yi jin used to rent. With one sharp moment, she jerks out of my grasp and skips towards Yi jin's old room.

"Wow... she is strong." I sigh as Hee do flies out of my grasp.

"BAEK YI JIN! ARE YOU IN HERE?" Hee do bangs the door open and flutters around Yi jin's old room. I sigh. It's really like taking care of a five year old child.

"He's not here?" Hee do sighs and collapses to the ground. The presence of Yi jin's room must have calmed her down because she sleeps soundly on the floor now. Every once in a while, a small sleepy 'Baek Yi jin' mumble will come from her.

"Aigoo..." I sigh at her as I reach for the nearest blanket and throw it over her. "Na Hee do, I'd never imagined you'd be like this." I laugh softly with amusement.