high school.

Unpacking was a breeze. Vivian did it fast, putting everything in the spot it needed to go in now that she was in her new bedroom.

Her room was simple. Vivian Hemmings was pretty simple in plain honesty.

Vivian's bed was queen size, with white sheets. She had a white comforter as well — but a dark green quilt over top, giving it color. She had a dark green pillow as well as 2 big dark green pillows.

Her bedside table was an antique one she had found in the boys' garage downstairs, about to be donated. She wiped it down, made it pretty. She had rings on top of it, a journal Ashton had given to her — for you know, thoughts. Vivian had a lamp as well, shaped like a Lavender flower that was a warm toned color.

In the drawer below was a bunch of nick nacks. Trinkets. She had a lighter for her candles, claw clips, an old camera Luke had given to her when she turned 12, and some hand sanitizers.

Next to that was a 3 tier metal shelf that held her hoodies, which she only had 3. Luke vowed to buy her more, and her 2 pairs of shoes. Michael had vowed to buy her more.

A little bit to the side of the metal tiers was a desk type situation. It also acted as a vanity. It was the same wood color as her bedside table, but it was a bit more modern. It had two shelves on the wall above it that held small things.

On the desk were notebooks, her computer that was on its way to the grave, a book and some other things. Her chair was a cute chair she found downstairs.

Her closet was pretty basic. Had a dress inside of it with clothes she had from Rhode Island.

At the end of her bed was a chest type thing. It was a bench sort of. She had blankets and things inside. It had a pillow and some other stuff on top of it.

Her room was still a work in progress. Luke wanted her to fully decorate since she hadn't gotten the chance in Rhode Island.

The next week was simple as well. Everyone was letting her get settled and form a routine that worked for her until her start with public school.

"So, I wrote down some schools I think you'd like." Ashton walked in. "And ones that would suit her best."

Luke took the piece of paper and called Vivian down, who came seconds later in sweats and a t-shirt with a photo of the earth that said 'mother'.

"Yessum?" Vivian said softly.

"Come here, love." Luke hummed.

Vivian sat criss cross next to her dad and looked at the list of websites that Ashton had made. A list of schools.

"There's only 2." Vivian commented.

"Sorry angel," Ashton kissed the top of her head. "We live in a small Colorado town. Not much we can do."

The two schools looked to be fine. One was a bit nicer than the other — it was called Garden High School. It was a 2 story school with a bunch of other buildings on the campus. The other one was called Readings High School, which was a bit more older but Vivian liked it.

"We've gotta get her enrolled fast." Ashton hummed. "By next week, alright?"

"Yes sir," Luke saluted to Ashton sarcastically and pulled Vivian into his side. "I love you. I'm happy you're home with us."

The Christmas tree glistened in the background when she said she loved him back.

"How about a trip to get groceries?"