being in garden, colorado

In short, the plane ride was fine.

Vivian slept pretty much the whole time — she had her head on her dad's shoulder from Rhode Island until they were landing in Denver

. She pretty much couldn't even form an opinion on the flight because she was unconscious.

Luke watched movies and texted his friends the whole plane ride. He was making plans for the next couple weeks. Everyone wanted to see Vivian, but he knew that if he forced Vivian into seeing people right when they got home, she'd have a bad day.

Getting off the plane was fine as well. They walked off the flight fine, and grabbing their bags went smoothly as well.

Now Luke and Vivian just had to find Ashton, who had been waiting at the airport for an hour to make sure he got them home the second they entered his embrace.

"Luke!"

Vivian's head rose at the sound of her dad's name being called as he was grabbing the baggage off the conveyor belt.

Ashton truly thought Vivian wouldn't even look at him — she had been through so much with people she thought she might be able to trust, she ought to be a bit hesitant. But he was wrong.

Vivian ran full speed into Ashton's arms like he was the best person ever made. (He is.)

Vivian exhaled loudly, a sigh of relief. "Ashton," She softly said.

"Hi honey," Ashton said softly, wrapping his arms tightly around her and placing his chin on her head. "How are you? I missed you. How was the flight?"

Vivian smiled into his hoodie. "I'm tired. I missed you too. The flight was fine, but I slept for the whole time so I don't know."

Ashton chuckled, and let go. He kissed her forehead and grabbed her bags from her. Luke gave Ashton a hug as well, and they were off to home.

In Garden, it was freezing cold. Which meant snow everywhere. 

It was nearly 9 am, which meant that Vivian had to stay awake the whole day if she wanted to not fuck up her sleep schedule. Which would be hard, she knew it.

Being back in Colorado

 felt like a dream. Being with her dad forever, never to see her mom again, was a dream and she couldn't be more grateful.

"Michael and Calum are, unfortunately, at work today. Michael had a surgery and Calum had a bunch of doctor appointments." Ashton said, "Or they would've been with me."

"No biggie." Luke said.

Vivian sat in the front seat, thanking Luke for it. The whole week felt like a true nightmare and she was very, very glad to be far away from Rhode Island.

Having some peace is what she needed.

lavender??? posting??? during october?